PDA

View Full Version : Decent mx tires

weld_13
12-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeh I know, there's a million threads like mine but I didn't see on right off the bat that would work for my question. I ride mostly on loose dirt and accasionally some loamy sand tracks. I would like them to hold up, I've used razr 1's for xc this year and would like something that will wear similair. I've been looking at razr mx's or kenda klaw mx's for the front and possibly itp quadcross for the rear, am I totally off? And also, how much is it worth it to get the soft compound in a mx tire? Thanks

chadbarger18
01-02-2009, 10:41 PM
from experience the maxis razr mx are good on the hard packed and itp holshots are good for the looser dirt imo idk about fronts ive been using itp fronts but about to switch to the mx razrs on the front to wear its great on both tires used them both half a season and theres like 98% tread on the itp and maxxis

LTRracer4
01-02-2009, 11:20 PM
quadcrosses are kickass all around, but they dont last very long, for those conditions and for the most time life go with razr cross all the way around, or MXR6 rear tires with Kenda klaw fronts.. The ITP/kenda set up is one of my favorites for practice tires.

400exrider707
01-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Soft and loamy stuff you should try the Kenda knarly ST's. These are one of my favorite loose terrain mx tires. They wear pretty good too when compared to holeshots or rzrs, and they hook up awesome! Oh and they're cheaper than any of the others...

LTRracer4
01-03-2009, 10:12 AM
they work good for really loose stuff, but if a spot on the track gets slicked off then they are junk. the mxr6's will hook up all around.

BlaineKaiser450
01-03-2009, 10:35 AM
my favorite tire setup is maxxis I razr Mx fronts with Yellow Label Razr Mx rears

01-03-2009, 11:41 AM
yeah i'm looking for a good sand tire thats not a paddle because its from sugar sand to dried hard clay thats like concrete. I am curious about the I Razr I hate to buy a tire and its not what i'm looking for

400exrider707
01-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
they work good for really loose stuff, but if a spot on the track gets slicked off then they are junk. the mxr6's will hook up all around.

I disagree, I did excellent on concrete starts even!

They are a very soft compound, they will hook up on anything! The MXR6's might be a tad better on hard, but that doesn't make these junk.

Oh and they are also cheaper and will last longer than holeshots.

LTRracer4
01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
i dont know... i didnt leave mine on long enough to wear down.. i found them to be a waste of money. to each his own.

400exrider707
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
i dont know... i didnt leave mine on long enough to wear down.. i found them to be a waste of money. to each his own.

How do you think they compared in the soft stuff though?

He said he's looking for a tire for loam...

LTRracer4
01-03-2009, 11:48 PM
a tire for sand that can be riden on hard surfaces is tough... i guess for an app like that the knarly would be good, i also still think the MXR6s wouldnt be a bad choice.

01-04-2009, 10:37 AM
a tire for sand that can be riden on hard surfaces is tough... i guess for an app like that the knarly would be good, i also still think the MXR6s wouldnt be a bad choice.

I try to stay away from ITP. I just dont like how fast they wear down.