PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a nasty SX track....

JRP
12-17-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.racerxonline.com/video/SuzukiReedCarmichael.aspx

wow, technical much?

907Rider
12-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JRP
http://www.racerxonline.com/video/SuzukiReedCarmichael.aspx

wow, technical much?
Nice:cool:
Pretty technical, I'd probably hurt myself... lol

BlaineKaiser450
12-17-2008, 05:09 PM
That looks like a FUN track!

xsr_racing28c
12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
My buddy Greg was down there not too long ago riding at that track. He is in with Reeds "house mechanic" and they are buddies so Greg gets to go down there a couple times a year and stay at Reeds place. He said it was insane down there, and they have tons of Yamaha machines just sitting there waiting to be returned that Reed got while he was with Yami....

He looks good on the RMZ though, should be interesting this year!!!

Jay

ben300
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
My buddy Greg was down there not too long ago riding at that track. He is in with Reeds "house mechanic" and they are buddies so Greg gets to go down there a couple times a year and stay at Reeds place. He said it was insane down there, and they have tons of Yamaha machines just sitting there waiting to be returned that Reed got while he was with Yami....

He looks good on the RMZ though, should be interesting this year!!!

Jay

ya looks like hes ridding pretty darn well, granted that rc has been racing stock cars...

..it should definitally be a good season this year, hopefully him and bubba can put in some good battles

jcv400ex
12-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow, if Reed stays healthy....Bubba ain't gonna touch him.

JRP
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex

lol idk, theres something about stewart that when he races, he unleashes a un human speed hahaha.

XXX -rider
12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex

hmmm,..
...do ya think Bubba is just laying on around his couch or something ? :D

xsr_racing28c
12-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Though I'm not a die hard Yamaha fan, I really think Stewart is gonna kill this year. He has a HUGE team behind him and I think that he's gonna be rockin' on the Yamaha. I watched a couple vids of him testing out the new Yami, and he looks amazing on it. He is a one of a kind rider, tons and tons of talent!!!

Jay

yfzrider310
12-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Either Carmichael isn't giving it his all or Reed is really fast in the whoops. I mean Reed was passing Carmichael in the whoops. Good video.

patrickj75
12-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Reed looks pretty fast on the yellow bike. Bums me out when the all pro's don't run both Motocross and Supercross. To me, the outdoor stuff is what seperates the men from the boys.

jcv400ex
12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Bubba is on the Yamaha though....I'm telling you, the yellow bike is the bike to be on! :macho

XCRacer236
12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
Either Carmichael isn't giving it his all or Reed is really fast in the whoops. I mean Reed was passing Carmichael in the whoops. Good video.

have you never seen Reed go through whoops? its ridiculous. Reed now has a team with a better history then Yamaha, so i think he'll do much better. and im a die hard Yamaha fan.

250r rider 88
12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
not to mention Reed has one of the greatest assets in MX= ROGER DECOSTER

gcart2
12-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
hmmm,..
...do ya think Bubba is just laying on around his couch or something ? :D no hes on the track at 6:00 am every morning regardless of what you have heard. he wakes me up for school :p

jrspawn
12-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Reed is the man!

This season is gonna be a good one!

Justin

jrspawn
12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe stewart will keep it together a little better this year in SX and not be doing so much of this???????

SRH
12-17-2008, 07:47 PM
reed cant compete with stewarts speeed..... stewart can safely bring his speed up 3 notches i dont know about reed

jrspawn
12-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SRH
reed cant compete with stewarts speeed..... stewart can safely bring his speed up 3 notches i dont know about reed

come on now mannnnnn.... reed is gonna put stewart in his place this year. Either that or stewart with put himself in his place(eating dirt either behind reed or wrecking). :blah: :blah: :D :devil:

The season hasnt even kicked off fulltime and the smacktalk is starting:D

Justin

250r rider 88
12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Anaheim 1 will be a big wake up call for Stewart, the competition is tired of sitting behind him, guys are training harder and the teams are behind their riders more than ever

in the 450 class: you have teams with all new machines for the year, minus Suzuki who has had a year to work out the kinks, as well as one of the fastest riders, RV, entering the ranks, yes his first few videos on the 450 looked a little "off" but since then I'm sure he is more than up to speed

top 5 in the 450 class at Anaheim 1:
1. Stewart
2. Villopoto
3. Reed
4. Windham
5. Short

250 class is a completely different story as half the riders do not know what coast they are even running

I would like to see Canard and Dungey run the East series since that is where i get to attend, and battle all year, one of these 2 will win the championship

quad2xtreme
12-17-2008, 08:19 PM
you'd kill those guys on your quad Jordan...they looked slow to me. ;) ;) :eek2:

jrspawn
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
As much as id like to see him do good, i dont think Villopoto is gonna be a contendor this year. Top 5ish i think maybe. I could be very wrong on this, but i just think his first year in the 450 class is gonna be a learning curve when he runs with the big dogs.

Justin

250r rider 88
12-17-2008, 09:20 PM
i agree, but i would love to see RV come out and dominate round 1 and set the curve, that would be amazing, unlikely, but amazing

Lidvall119
12-18-2008, 05:23 AM
must make reed fill good to pass rc cuzz he hasent been training... u have to hate it for reed tho he had to race rc to start his career and bubba to end it ..lol

jcv400ex
12-18-2008, 08:10 AM
I too don't think Villopoto will be a contender this year. He might have a couple of bright spots and will be building experience for the future, but I think the veterans of the 450 class will be pushing him around pretty good. He'll have to earn his place on the track.

I think Short and Wey will make some waves this year.

quad2xtreme
12-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Not sure why but I've never been able to warm up to Reed as much as many of the other riders so I always find myself rooting for somebody else. I've always felt sorry for Chris Borich though...maybe because he is a good ol' PA boy. :D

I did feel really bad for Reed early in the 2008 season when he was leading the entire race and then his bike stopped running a few hundred yards from the finish line. I was rooting for Kevin to pass him the whole time too but not like this.

BTW, I am getting old so I have trouble remembering stuff like this so my facts could be a little off. My mind is so full of work crap that stuff like this just gets pushed off the memory cliff. My wife says I make stuff up so it is the way I wish it was...maybe this never even happened. :( In my mind, Windham won and rides Honda so I was happy. :D

jrspawn
12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Lidvall119
must make reed fill good to pass rc cuzz he hasent been training... u have to hate it for reed tho he had to race rc to start his career and bubba to end it ..lol

:huh

DP #000
12-18-2008, 10:28 AM
that track was insane!

extremeblastr
12-18-2008, 11:29 AM
sorry but i am not at all impressed, ricky has to be way out of shape for it to happen like that, it looked like ricky was working his *** off to ride at that speed and reed was just cruising even after he passed him.

300extreme#8
12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
MAN I WISH MIKE ALESSI DIDNT GET HURT. I think it will be 1st bubba/reed, 2nd Ferry/ windam/millsaps, 3rd villipotto/barnes. whatever order those will be in the top