PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Cars

RedneckRacing18
12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
What would You Guys Go With?

907Rider
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Delete this NOW before 800 people reuin this. tuner threads dont go well here.

nemo25
12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
yea because this site is full of hicks and 12 year olds

elite ATV1
12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by nemo25
Dont like "hicks" then leave the dam site

Duke Nukem
12-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Under $100k - 2009 Nissan GTR

Under $50K - 2009 Honda S2000 CR

Under $30K - 2009 Honda Civic Si Coupe

12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1

x2 on that. Anyways Honda has by far the most parts for their cars and are super easy to build. They make the most HP liter and there are so many engines to choose.

907Rider
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
exactly being a "hick" has nothing to do with this subject

XCAdam89
12-17-2008, 05:16 PM
For now, I have an Acura Integra GS-R, but I'm probably going to get rid of it for a mustang or something else pretty soon.

It's not that I don't like the car, but I had an exhaust on it (It was quiet, chambered, and sounded pretty good) but I ended up getting two tickets with it. The image for tuner cars is horrible, so if you get one be prepared to have the cops on your back for everything you do to it.

I figure a mustang is a better way to go for me, slap a decent exhaust on it and your good to go for a daily.

907Rider
12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
For me its hard choice between a s2k, rx7 or a supra all great cars that I'd love to have

elite ATV1
12-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I had a 97 wrx with a 06 STI swapped motor in it, AEM intake bigger injectors 60mm turbo full turbo back exauhst and all kinds of other go fast goodies, way to much to list...so as stated before being a hick dnt got a dam thing to do with owning a tuner car.

12-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
For now, I have an Acura Integra GS-R, but I'm probably going to get rid of it for a mustang or something else pretty soon.

It's not that I don't like the car, but I had an exhaust on it (It was quiet, chambered, and sounded pretty good) but I ended up getting two tickets with it. The image for tuner cars is horrible, so if you get one be prepared to have the cops on your back for everything you do to it.

I figure a mustang is a better way to go for me, slap a decent exhaust on it and your good to go for a daily.

can i buy your car? lol I plan on putting a B18 in my civic and boosting it but if i can get a gsr why bother swapping

atvnut22
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
my brother has and s2k and i love it, other cars i would are a turbo subra, or turbo skyline

440racer66
12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
get a 300zx tt they eat s2ks for breakfast and have 350zs for lunch.

12-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
get a 300zx tt they eat s2ks for breakfast and have 350zs for lunch.

not with a 2jz swap in them. The S2K2JZ cars are beast! When you have 950HP in a street driven rear wheel drive gokart your going to handle like your on rails and accelerate faster than most things on the road. Look them up, the 1st was done I blieve was down here in Florida as is most things like the fastest civics or crazy things done. There are amazing builders down here that know so much and can do so much. 350z sound so nice though and are a great car if you can afford $30,000 cars and such. If you want HP cheap and easy its the older civics but if you have the cash Supra's are beast. S2K, 350z, Supra are probally my favorite newer vehicles that arent rediculously expensive

440racer66
12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
haha find me a 2jz s2k for 9 grand. and yeah those are great but for the price you cant beat a 300zx and i had a prelude hondas are great but they are front wheel drive still cept the s2k but they have weak rear ends. yeah sure if you have a ton of money to do that swap more power to ya if i was going to do anything like that it would be a ls1 miata.

416exfreak
12-17-2008, 07:12 PM
if i was going to do anything like that it would be a ls1 miata.

:huh

Ive heard of an LS1 powered 240sx... which is what I would do.. but damn! A Miata?:bandit:

atvnut22
12-17-2008, 07:15 PM
we got a prelude to , and a 86 1/2 supra, the s2k is my fav

trick450r
12-17-2008, 07:17 PM
ls1/t56-rx7 is the way to go...very very common build, and will deffinatly be my next street car.

440racer66
12-17-2008, 07:24 PM
sleeper?

907Rider
12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
sleeper?
Nice:cool:

ZeroLogic
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by nemo25

Good thing I'm a redneck!:D

RedneckRacing18
12-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I Was Thinking Of A Eclipse Or A Supra One Under Like 12Grand And Just Put the Extra $$$ From Work Into It

440racer66
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by RedneckRacing18
I Was Thinking Of A Eclipse Or A Supra One Under Like 12Grand And Just Put the Extra $$$ From Work Into It
please god no not an eclipse and if you could find a supra for that money jump on it. i got my tt z for 6grand you could make one of these wicked pretty easily. a 240 would be nice.

extremeblastr
12-17-2008, 08:57 PM
if you want a quick daily driver look into the toyota tacoma x-runner, as quick as most of those cars and you can throw the quad in the back or on a trailer seeing as it has a 3500lbs towing capacity.

ti2ibal1
12-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Duke Nukem
Under $100k - 2009 Nissan GTR

Under $50K - 2009 Subaru STi

Under $30K - 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan(Only because I own one!)

FIXT!

12-18-2008, 01:01 AM
The 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST and GSX are the #1 best tuner 4 cyl car ever made!!!!!

They come with the best 4cyl engine ever made! Their is no other 4cyl engine that can put out the power of a eclipse gst/gsx!

The eclipse gst is 4g63 turbo and fwd which is the 2nd best 4cyl car ever made.

The eclipse gsx is the #1 best 4cyl car ever made. 4g63 turbo and is all wheel drive! It smokes every car off the line with its awd. Drop the clutch at high rpm and you take off you don't spin.

And any one that wants to talk about crank walk is stupid cause all you need to do is replace the crank bearings after so many miles and you will never get crank walk.

Eclipse gsx/gst you can buy a $1-2000 turbo kit and be at 500hp on a totally stock engine! The stock engine can handle 500hp fine. Normal engines need to be totally rebuilt to handle extra hp.

Eclipse is the 4cyl supra in the 4cyl car world. They even look alike thats why so many people mistake them for each other and is why you can buy a supra light kit for eclipses.

If you want a supra only buy the newer ones for $20,000+ cause the old ones are way slow much slower than a eclipse.

12-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
x2 on that. Anyways Honda has by far the most parts for their cars and are super easy to build. They make the most HP liter and there are so many engines to choose.

Dude use your head! Go engine swap your honda with another honda engine your still slow and stil in a G@Y honda! Your a idiot to drive a honda and then talk down on the best 4cyl engined car ever made, the eclipse 4g63 thats like you driving a 250ex and saying its better than a 450r! Its just a retarted thing to say! Go to a mitsubishi forum and tell them why your honda engine is better then the 4g63t they will probably sticky you cause its so funny! Im not dissing you cause I love tuners but if you engine swap your honda use a 4g63! It will cost a few hundred bucks to have new engine mounts welded in which thats nothing a day or 2 of work but its totaly worth it for the power and crank walk only meens your crank bearing wear out faster than normal so you need to replace them more often then normal car engines but thats easy if you work on quad engins cause crank bearings wear out on them all the time. If you can do it to your quad you can do it to your car! The 4g63 engine needs crank bears replaces more often. Thats not hard to do as long as you know how to work on a engine. Crank walk is when the bearings wear out and the crank wobbles. Its a easy and cheep fix. Its only hard for idiots and the idiots are the ones that let crank walk screw up their engine. One of the signs of crank walks is your clutch sticking to the floor. Whats smart is having a extra engine sitting around that you can put new bearings in and swap into your car every so many thousend miles or so. switching engines dont take long at all.

But Honda? Is that why no honda engine can put out the power of a mitsubishi 4g63 which is a eclipse and evo engine? A few 95-99 eclipses hold the fastest 1/4 mile time on record! No other 4cyl engine or car can put down better times!!!! FACT HONDA IS SLOW!! MITSUBISHI FAST!!!!

Fastest 4cyl car is mitsubishi eclipse but the evo has the same engine. Slowest cars are hondas. Theirs no such thing as a honda being a tuner their all rice and their all slow. And hondas sound so gay. Eclipses/evos put out the nicest 4cyl sound ever so deep and airy they put out a supra type sound.

Their is 5 differant mitsubishi eclipses from 95-99 which is why so many people have no clue about how fast eclipses are. Theirs the GS, GST, GSX, RS, and SPIDER. The gsx and gst and some spiders are JDM and have the best 4cyl engine ever made and are turbo. The RS and GS are american made and have a N/a chrisler 420A engine and is slow.

Ever see a honda wheelie? HA NO!!! Maybe going in revirse but not in a drag!!! lol
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6RiTu7OrhE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6RiTu7OrhE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

better vid of the car

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdwCQo54kiM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdwCQo54kiM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Listen to the eclipse engine. They sound so freakin nice. This is what the most powerful 4cyl engine ever made sounds like and it comes factory ina eclipse. Go listen to a gay honda once. Modded or stock they all sound gay and screem rice rice baby and put out the power of a lawnmower. Not mitsubishi! So deep a idiot would think its a V8!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRdFb1oEui8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRdFb1oEui8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I represent the tuners but no hondas are tuners their all gay!!!! I cant even drive my car cause the cops follow me! The first day I had my eclipse I hit 120mph past some lil school kids racing a fiero and a and a s10 and the s10 lost it and spun around and then the kids dad came pulling out in his truck and chased us down and came to my house and he knew who we where and I flew and parked behind my house and my friend was slow in his s10 and the guy was right behind him so he parked in my front yard and the guy was saying to my friend who was the guy in the eclipse and he said I dont know so the dude said next time he sees us fly down his road hes calling the cops cause where going to hit his kids lol! My cars been on the road for about a total of 5 hours since I got it. Got 3 fines and 4 warnings so far and that was all driving it totaly normal they just see it and think im from the ricer movie. Last time I drove my eclipse was 4-5 months ago cause I was going to a shop and I pulled into a gas station to pump up my tires cause my car sat 9 months and I ended up passing a cop at the stop lights and i pulled into a gas station to pump my tires up and he pulled into another gas station across the street and waited by the road for me to leave and I was their for about about 5 mins!!! Then I finaly left after pumping my tires up and he pulled out right behind me so I turned off right away and went to my aunts house and he kept going. He wanted to get me I know he did!!! It's bul crap I cant even drive with out the cops getting me. I meen I dont race no on I meen when I put a dodge viper or rotaty or ls2 in my eclipse it will be a crazy car but the stupid cops take one look at my car and think i came from the fast n the ferios!! its stupid!!! lol

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/Picture267.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/Picture266.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/563464564.jpg

12-18-2008, 02:28 AM
please god no not an eclipse and if you could find a supra for that money jump on it. i got my tt z for 6grand you could make one of these wicked pretty easily. a 240 would be nice.

Yes. Dont buy a eclipse buy a honda. Be a 100% ricer you dont want the best 4cyl car ever made (eclipse) you want the worst and #1 rice car, a honda!

I mean come on idiots.! Use your heads but then again what you say makes it sound like you dont have a braine. Saying dont buy a eclipse is like saying dont buy a ktm 525 instead buy a 250ex. You are idiots!!! You want to say buy a old supra? Eclipse will waste it. Buy a honda and engine swap it with the best honda engine made? Know what? Eclipse will wast it with its factory engine!!!!

How about this I will be just like you exrider guys and talk out of my ***. Go buy a geo metro it will smoke a lamborghini hands down!! It will smoke it cause I dont know nothing other than the names of cars names! Yep im just like exriders guys. I talk crap about engines cause I dont know whats fast or not. A lamborghini is slower than a geo and a honda is better than a mitsubishi.

O and your going to put up a fit over this to cause im wrong right??? Fight me over this and your that will make you a total idiot! Talk **** about me all you want but its not going to change the fact the the mitsubishi eclipse is the most powerful, best sounding, and best looking 4cyl car ever made!!!

k4f5x0r
12-18-2008, 04:14 AM
wow what an idiot ^^. first of all. i have some respect for the times that the eclipse ENGINE has. the chassis is a ugly peice of crap.

2nd of all. a supra is a toyota moron.

3rd- the supra will destroy your eclipse anyday

12-18-2008, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
wow what an idiot ^^. first of all. i have some respect for the times that the eclipse ENGINE has. the chassis is a ugly peice of crap.

2nd of all. a supra is a toyota moron.

3rd- the supra will destroy your eclipse anyday

The eclipse is a beatuful car dont hate it cause peple mod it... Its the best looking 4cyl car made and looks better than most cars cause its the only 4cyl sports car!!!

READ!!!

The eclipse is the supra of the 4cyl world!!!

The eclipse vs supra is a close match every time at less both are fully modded.

Their shaped the same with the supra having a longer nose but you cant tell at less your looking from the side.

Eclipse is a sports car the best and fastest looking 4cyl car ever made probably cause it comes with the fastest 4cyl engine ever made? :macho

stuntin andy
12-18-2008, 05:18 AM
1978 doge charger daytona =p

feuerstack411
12-18-2008, 05:19 AM
ltr450fly/slow, face it you are a ricer. First of all your car doesnt even have a 4g63, so that automatically makes your car a 100% pile of rice. Lets look at your car, heres a Rice Checklist, do you have:
Huge wing: yes
Body kit: yes
Ricey taillights: yes
Loud " race " exhuast: yes
Spraypainted interior: yes
A real tuner would be turbo, no redicoulus wing, or bodykit and would actually be quick. Oh and it wouldnt be wrong wheel drive, I mean, FWD.
you. are. a ricer. The eclipse IS 100% NOT THE BEST 4CYL EVER. Yes your 140hp beast of a car is the best 4cyl ever made. :rolleyes:

Ever hear of an s2000? Or even a Lotus? Porsche 944, BMW e30 M3 or even an STi? Your telling that an eclipse is better than all of those cars?

Yes an eclipse is deffintly better looking than this...
http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/TorqueOmata4510.jpg
The eclipse, or any of the DSM garbage looks better than that? or this?
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3172/11nlai0.jpg
http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/AkinaGhost962.jpg

C'mon man, just come out, and admit, you are a ricer.

Also, my friend has an eclipse. It has a built 4g63, bigger turbo's, and a completly rebuilt motor from slowboy racing, and the trans is getting rebuilt as we speak. And sure its quick, but its still FWD, and sitll broken more than it runs. I even told him about you and your DSM nonsense, he laughed. And thats coming from someone with a real eclipse.

Mxjunkie
12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by I live for this
Delete this NOW before 800 people reuin this. tuner threads dont go well here.

Wasn't a thing posted till you posted this... throwing gas into fire isn't a solution! :p

fasterblaster09
12-18-2008, 07:03 AM
can i buy your car? lol I plan on putting a B18 in my civic and boosting it but if i can get a gsr why bother swapping

my cousin just sold his hatch with the b18, man did that thing runn.

fasterblaster09
12-18-2008, 07:09 AM
the only eclipse I've ever drove was a 1996 spyder gsr-t. It was slower than my 94 civic hatch with the 1.6 vtec. they both had exhaust, and headers. I raced an eclipse yesterday in my moms kia sportage and beat it (barely, but still). I doubt that those are the ONLY slow eclipse's, but hey you never know.

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 07:47 AM
My mom's old 240sx witha 5 speed and the 22r would fly.

It was 100% stock, but damn it was fun...

When I sell my truck, I'll be on the hunt for a 240sx or a 300zx TT.

For now, this gets me around in style, and I dont have to worry about people in civics revving at me:devil:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/005-3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/016-2.jpg
And there is a nice plate system from NOS under the tree, as a present to myself.:macho

Titanium
12-18-2008, 07:51 AM

If your going to turbo your civic going to be better off swapping in a B18b1 and puting LS/VTEC head on it with. You can run 8-10lbs of boost all day with pretty close to all stock internals and be in the low 12's if tuned right. Or you could save the money you spend on the LS/VTEC kit and spend all that money puting a forged bottom end in the LS motor and boost the hell out of it. Only problem is that the LS heads dont flow worth a chit. Thats the only reason i would put a VTEC head on there.

trick450r
12-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
Dude use your head! Go engine swap your honda with another honda engine your still slow and stil in a G@Y honda! Your a idiot to drive a honda and then talk down on the best 4cyl engined car ever made, the eclipse 4g63 thats like you driving a 250ex and saying its better than a 450r! Its just a retarted thing to say! Go to a mitsubishi forum and tell them why your honda engine is better then the 4g63t they will probably sticky you cause its so funny! Im not dissing you cause I love tuners but if you engine swap your honda use a 4g63! It will cost a few hundred bucks to have new engine mounts welded in which thats nothing a day or 2 of work but its totaly worth it for the power and crank walk only meens your crank bearing wear out faster than normal so you need to replace them more often then normal car engines but thats easy if you work on quad engins cause crank bearings wear out on them all the time. If you can do it to your quad you can do it to your car! The 4g63 engine needs crank bears replaces more often. Thats not hard to do as long as you know how to work on a engine. Crank walk is when the bearings wear out and the crank wobbles. Its a easy and cheep fix. Its only hard for idiots and the idiots are the ones that let crank walk screw up their engine. One of the signs of crank walks is your clutch sticking to the floor. Whats smart is having a extra engine sitting around that you can put new bearings in and swap into your car every so many thousend miles or so. switching engines dont take long at all.

But Honda? Is that why no honda engine can put out the power of a mitsubishi 4g63 which is a eclipse and evo engine? A few 95-99 eclipses hold the fastest 1/4 mile time on record! No other 4cyl engine or car can put down better times!!!! FACT HONDA IS SLOW!! MITSUBISHI FAST!!!!

Fastest 4cyl car is mitsubishi eclipse but the evo has the same engine. Slowest cars are hondas. Theirs no such thing as a honda being a tuner their all rice and their all slow. And hondas sound so gay. Eclipses/evos put out the nicest 4cyl sound ever so deep and airy they put out a supra type sound.

Their is 5 differant mitsubishi eclipses from 95-99 which is why so many people have no clue about how fast eclipses are. Theirs the GS, GST, GSX, RS, and SPIDER. The gsx and gst and some spiders are JDM and have the best 4cyl engine ever made and are turbo. The RS and GS are american made and have a N/a chrisler 420A engine and is slow.

Ever see a honda wheelie? HA NO!!! Maybe going in revirse but not in a drag!!! lol
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6RiTu7OrhE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6RiTu7OrhE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

better vid of the car

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdwCQo54kiM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdwCQo54kiM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Listen to the eclipse engine. They sound so freakin nice. This is what the most powerful 4cyl engine ever made sounds like and it comes factory ina eclipse. Go listen to a gay honda once. Modded or stock they all sound gay and screem rice rice baby and put out the power of a lawnmower. Not mitsubishi! So deep a idiot would think its a V8!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRdFb1oEui8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRdFb1oEui8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I represent the tuners but no hondas are tuners their all gay!!!! I cant even drive my car cause the cops follow me! The first day I had my eclipse I hit 120mph past some lil school kids racing a fiero and a and a s10 and the s10 lost it and spun around and then the kids dad came pulling out in his truck and chased us down and came to my house and he knew who we where and I flew and parked behind my house and my friend was slow in his s10 and the guy was right behind him so he parked in my front yard and the guy was saying to my friend who was the guy in the eclipse and he said I dont know so the dude said next time he sees us fly down his road hes calling the cops cause where going to hit his kids lol! My cars been on the road for about a total of 5 hours since I got it. Got 3 fines and 4 warnings so far and that was all driving it totaly normal they just see it and think im from the ricer movie. Last time I drove my eclipse was 4-5 months ago cause I was going to a shop to have them put a stroker kit in my car and I pulled into a gas station to pump up my tires cause my car sat 9 months and I ended up passing a cop at the stop lights and i pulled into a gas station to pump my tires up and he pulled into another gas station across the street and waited by the road for me to leave and I was their for about about 5 mins!!! Then I finaly left after pumping my tires up and he pulled out right behind me so I turned off right away and went to my aunts house and he kept going. He wanted to get me I know he did!!! It's bul crap I cant even drive with out the cops getting me. I meen I dont race no on I meen when I put a dodge viper or rotaty or ls2 in my eclipse it will be a crazy car but the stupid cops take one look at my car and think i came from the fast n the ferios!! its stupid!!! lol

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/Picture267.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/Picture266.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/563464564.jpg

i think its hilarious that you say the gst and gsx are the best cars in the world yet you dont drive either. Nope you drive a piece of **** riced out 150hp eclipse with more money in body mods that make it look dumb, less aerodynamic, and heavier, than the car is actually worth!!!

if its was so great, and so good looking why would they cancel that pos from the product line and replace it with the evo a MUCH better built car?

man just stop talking, their is not one member on this site that regards you as someone who knows what he is talking about, everyone just thinks your a stupid kid that had 3k to spend so he bought a eclipse and put 3k more into it making it look worse than it already did!!

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
i think its hilarious that you say the gst and gsx are the best cars in the world yet you dont drive either. Nope you drive a piece of **** riced out 150hp eclipse with more money in body mods that make it look dumb, less aerodynamic, and heavier, than the car is actually worth!!!

if its was so great, and so good looking why would they cancel that pos from the product line and replace it with the evo a MUCH better built car?

man just stop talking, their is not one member on this site that regards you as someone who knows what he is talking about, everyone just thinks your a stupid kid that had 3k to spend so he bought a eclipse and put 3k more into it making it look worse than it already did!!

Dont forget about his "80mph crash, might be totalled" LT-R... God just wasn't willing that night.:(

12-18-2008, 08:19 AM
whoever owns that eclipse that defines rice!!!! make the license plate "got rice". Kid down the street built up an eclipse it was pretty quick huge turbo on it. He sold it for a civic hatch and built that car up and the civic hatch **** all over the eclipse. Then he wrecked the hatch or something and bought a 240. Oh man was the thing crazy! Enormous turbo fully built, roll cage, gutted, just 2 racing seats, drift wheels and tires. 2 weeks ago he wrapped it around a pole so hard it crushed the roll cage in, if there was a passenger they would have been dead.

Titanium
12-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Now that i read further through the thread you guys are a bunch of idiots saying that the elcipses are the best 4 cylinder around. Theres no such thing as the best 4 cylinder around. You guys need to realize that everything has its pros and cons. Im not dissing either side of this argument. Both Honda and Mitsubishi are great car companies IMO. Something nobody has mentioned yet is Honda's K series motors. If you were to put Hondas K24 in an EK hatch that car would run 12's to high 11's all day on simple bolt ons such as exhaust and CAI. I think its stupid how everybody can hate tuners just because theres a couple of idiots that like to spend there money on visual mods rather than performance, who cares theres domestics that run around riced out too. A matter of a fact i have a picture from when i was in wichita a few weeks ago that i took while i was in a parking garage over in west wichita.:huh looks like not just us that own jap cars are the ones who do rediculously stupid mods.

12-18-2008, 08:23 AM
more rice, nice find Titanium!

Titanium
12-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Lol, sadly i have more. This next pic is from somewhere in northern Oklahoma. i dont remember which town exactly but its a sad waste of a car.

Titanium
12-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Another waste of a GT.

adawg89
12-18-2008, 09:22 AM
I own a eagle talon (same as eclipse) 1998 non turbo got wrecked on june 13 :( ***** smacked side of my car from running a red light. I have a project car a 1990 eclipse GS-T here;s my cardomain for my 1990 eclipse turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939649

I frown upon people that just put body work into there cars like spoilers body kits neon exhaust and no power.

I keep mine stock the stock spoiler on it is cool :p I'm rebuilding my engine in my '90.

Eclipse are amazing but a SRT 4 is freaking unbelievable :eek2: a 4 door neon a light car has dodge viper front seats comes stock turbo (don't know what kind though) and fast freaking light too runs 12.6 in quarter mile stock and its 4 cylinder.

feuerstack411
12-18-2008, 09:29 AM
whoever owns that eclipse that defines rice!!!! make the license plate "got rice". Kid down the street built up an eclipse it was pretty quick huge turbo on it. He sold it for a civic hatch and built that car up and the civic hatch **** all over the eclipse. Then he wrecked the hatch or something and bought a 240. Oh man was the thing crazy! Enormous turbo fully built, roll cage, gutted, just 2 racing seats, drift wheels and tires. 2 weeks ago he wrapped it around a pole so hard it crushed the roll cage in, if there was a passenger they would have been dead.

you might not have the ricer setup, but you got the ricer mentality. Your Honda hatchbacks arent God's chariot either. My P.R friend is big into the honda's. Loud exhuast and motor work, but its still just an commuter car with pipes. The only honda worth tuning is the s2000, NSX, Type R's, at least a SI. I knew this kid who had an accord with thousands and thousands of dollars in it. Motor work, full coils, NAWWSSSSSS. And he sold it for a proper car, an s2000.

Remember children, FWD= FAIL.

adawg89
12-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411

Remember children, FWD= FAIL.

I know :( I'm gonna sell my GST and get a GSX

trick450r
12-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Eclipse are amazing but a SRT 4 is freaking unbelievable a 4 door neon a light car has dodge viper front seats comes stock turbo (don't know what kind though) and fast freaking light too runs 12.6 in quarter mile stock and its 4 cylinder.

whoa whoa whoa...srt4's are pretty cool in that you can put 500plus hp to a stock block and bottom end BUT they deffinatly dont run anywhere close to 12.6 stock!

factory srt4 times with professional driver
1/4 Mile ET: 13.961
1/4 Mile MPH: 102.180
1/8 Mile ET: 9.091
1/8 Mile MPH: 81.460
0-60 Foot ET: 2.270

srt4's are very much on par with a stock lt1 fbody/ stock 4.6 mustang car.

adawg89
12-18-2008, 09:46 AM
whoa whoa whoa...srt4's are pretty cool in that you can put 500plus hp to a stock block and bottom end BUT they deffinatly dont run anywhere close to 12.6 stock!

Oops I got my quarter mile times wrong :p I saw my friend srt 4 run 12.6 and I thought his was stock but has 308 whp :eek:

scuzz
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM

Yeah if they were AWD or rear wheel drive they would do a LOT better. FWD just has weight transfer disadvantages. (obviously)

:)

12-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
Yeah if they were AWD or rear wheel drive they would do a LOT better. FWD just has weight transfer disadvantages. (obviously)

:)

except in slipperey stuff the FWD does better since more weight is over the wheels and you have more control but when cars accelerate they push down towards the back making RWD better unless you get stiffer springs in the rear. SRT4 fastest time I saw was 13.8 most are 13.9. On the road they will outhandle a lot of cars they are like being on rails cant talk about understeer with them because of the wider tires and stiffer suspension. We took a sloping 90 degree turn at 80MPH that the suggested speed was 25MPH. The kid later took it down a 30MPH road and topped it out at 153MPH now thats an idiot 123MPH over the speed limit. But with the right suspension FWD cars will outhandle a lot of things because they wont spin out they just get understeer. Good tires and suspension take so much of that out you can rail turns. SRT4 make pretty crappy power for being a 2.4L turbo 230HP. STI and EVO are what a 2.5L turbo and have 300HP. AWD has its disadvantges like understeer that FWD cars have and more moving parts and more weight. But traction wise cant touch them and witht he right tires and suspension they are basically untouchable.

ZeroLogic
12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ltr450fly I represent the tuners but no hondas are tuners their all gay!!!! I cant even drive my car cause the cops follow me! The first day I had my eclipse I hit 120mph past some lil school kids racing a fiero and a and a s10 and the s10 lost it and spun around and then the kids dad came pulling out in his truck and chased us down and came to my house and he knew who we where and I flew and parked behind my house and my friend was slow in his s10 and the guy was right behind him so he parked in my front yard and the guy was saying to my friend who was the guy in the eclipse and he said I dont know so the dude said next time he sees us fly down his road hes calling the cops cause where going to hit his kids lol! My cars been on the road for about a total of 5 hours since I got it. Got 3 fines and 4 warnings so far and that was all driving it totaly normal they just see it and think im from the ricer movie. Last time I drove my eclipse was 4-5 months ago cause I was going to a shop to have them put a stroker kit in my car and I pulled into a gas station to pump up my tires cause my car sat 9 months and I ended up passing a cop at the stop lights and i pulled into a gas station to pump my tires up and he pulled into another gas station across the street and waited by the road for me to leave and I was their for about about 5 mins!!! Then I finaly left after pumping my tires up and he pulled out right behind me so I turned off right away and went to my aunts house and he kept going. He wanted to get me I know he did!!! It's bul crap I cant even drive with out the cops getting me. I meen I dont race no on I meen when I put a dodge viper or rotaty or ls2 in my eclipse it will be a crazy car but the stupid cops take one look at my car and think i came from the fast n the ferios!! its stupid!!! lol
[/B]

I'm sorry and I'm sure I'll catch hell for this, but you got your head so far up your *** you need a window to see anything. You say you don't understand why cops chase you around but in the same paragraph you just admit to doing 120 mph on a residental road. You put all this crap on you. Cops don't follow Vetts or Stangs because people that drive them are most of the time business guys that respect the laws. If you want to race go to a track not a friggen public road. I hope to God you lose your license before you kill someone. I've lost three friends in the passed year and a half cause of speeding. All these kids with fart cans, body kits and bench wings all speed and race around on roads, cops aren't idiots and they know that.
Now I'm not against four bangers. Sure if they were done up nicely they can be fast. They are cheap to tune and whatnot as well but for God sakes, take it on a track not public roads.

Smarten up before you kill someone or hurt someone.;)

907Rider
12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
well but for God sakes, take it on a track not public roads.

Smarten up before you kill someone or hurt someone.;)
You said it! If you want a fast 4cly there is nothing wrong with that
But the whole street racing thing is stupid, Dangerous, and a little gay :ermm:

like Zero said "take it on a track not public roads".

scuzz
12-18-2008, 12:56 PM
You said it! If you want a fast 4cly there is nothing wrong with that
But the whole street racing thing is stupid, Dangerous, and a little gay :ermm:

like Zero said "take it on a track not public roads".

Which is honestly the reason I decided not to go with a car buildup. Fast cars get you tickets even faster.

I can (personally) have more fun per dollar dumping it into my quad.

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
ltrricer needs to never post about cars again lmao. I'd embarrassed having hat ricer sitting 100 feet near my house. =x

ZSNOW
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
heres my tuner....Smoker:D

Sorry guys...just giving you some crap. i have nothing against tuners. accually like a well done one...

12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Who cars if your hondas fast its still a ugly honda that even chicks dont thinks cool.

Eclipse gsx/gst have the best 4cyl engine ever made to date cause no other 4cyl car can put down a better 1/4 time. Don't matter if some hondas can beat some eclipses. And being able to get 500hp on a stock mitsubishi engine saves lots of money than engine swapping for the same price and only having 200hp.

And my cars less aerodynamic? Wrong. The front bumper is shaped just like the stock one only slightly different and is only a half inch lower than the factory bumper and the front end is a 97-99 eclipse. The rear bumper is the exact same as the factory bumper other than having a lip kit and the side skirts are one of the best looking ones you can buy and the spoiler is no taller than a stock eclipse turbo wing. The body kit fits the shape of my car 'roundish' and made the car lighter. The body kits most ricers want are the square ones like the fast in the movies to make their cars look as far from factory as they can. I went for a factory type look.

And it don't matter what engine is in my car cause its getting a real engine swap with a 20b rotary, LS2, or dodge viper. They all will fit and all have the same used price being around $5000.

And the dude talking about lotus and porsche being better than a eclipse is wrong. The cars their selfs are better but the engines are not and the lotus is only fast cause its light with a crap 1.8 toyota celica engine that puts out less power than a eclipse gsx/gst and sounds like a lame honda.

Rice is making a car look fast but doing no engine mods to make it fast as it looks.

Sleeper is making a car fast and doing no body mods to make it look fast.

Tuner is body mods and engine mods. And yes all tuners have wings.

12-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Actually I know quite a few girls that dig Honda's. Dont know why but they do. Eclipse face it isnt the best 4 cylinder. Alteeza lights FTW lmao those are the queerest thing you can do to anything is put the clear/chrome looking lights on a car and you dont represent tuners you rep the ricer. Look at you car everything spells ricer. Look up ricer as a definition while looking at your eclipse and you laugh everytime you read something and look over. If anything your car should be next to the deffinition or added to the slideshow for the ricer song.

Titanium
12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
And yes all tuners have wings.

You are stupid if you think thats true.:rolleyes: . i dont have a wing on my Integra and im a tuner just to prove it.

adawg89
12-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Eagle talons come stock with a wing on my 90 eclipse also has a wing. I don't know why people hate one another I love eclipse but I know for a fact there not the best in the world. I also love american muscle. My moms boyfriend is restoring a 69 dodge charger gonna have 454 blown and he also bought a pistol grip shifter. it's the long one so his knuckles wont hit the dashboard I think...

12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
All tuners have spoilers? lol Why do I see civics running 9 in the 1/4 mile spoiler less? Maybe because its FWD you dont need it. No one needs a spoiler unless your going extremely fast and have the power to spin the wheels going that fast. It will just slow you down. If a car that went 150MPH didnt need one most cars you see on the road should not need one.

12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
To be a tuner you need lots of body and engine mods. Cant be a tuner with only 1 of them.

Find a 4cyl running in the 6s once. Only ones you will find will be eclipses.

And for the last time the 4g63 eclipses hold the 1/4 mile time records they have the best 4cyl engine ever made. Their is no other modded 4cyl car to date that can put down the times of a modded eclipse. Stock the 4g63t puts out 210hp and handles up to 500hp fine on the stock engine. The eclipse RS/GS which have 140hp and a n/a 420a engine can only handle 8psi and is the bad engine that isnt even a mitsubishi but thiers people with 4-500hp turbo 420a's.

I could turbo my 420A cause I have the money to but I choose not to. I could do it and put out good street hp but it will be just a waste of money cause its getting a engine swap.

Heres a 420a which is the engine in mine sept this one has 8psi. Cars got same spoiler and lights and side fenders as me to.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bW9qoCxWSc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bW9qoCxWSc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12-18-2008, 05:14 PM
All tuners have spoilers? lol Why do I see civics running 9 in the 1/4 mile spoiler less? Maybe because its FWD you dont need it. No one needs a spoiler unless your going extremely fast and have the power to spin the wheels going that fast. It will just slow you down. If a car that went 150MPH didnt need one most cars you see on the road should not need one.

Tuners dont drag race. The cars you see dreag racing are all basicaly sleepers. tuner are street cars.

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Tuners dont drag race. The cars you see dreag racing are all basicaly sleepers. tuner are street cars.

Your an idiot. Sell your car buy a vespa and call it a day your clueless. That or mentally handicapped. Your car is rice bottom line.

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
posted these in the other thread but for those interested.

My car - 98 240sx frankenstein 6spd.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/tt300zx/240/pewp3.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/tt300zx/240/pewp-1.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/tt300zx/240/pewp2.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/tt300zx/240/pewp7.jpg

feuerstack411
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm very sad that ltr450fly didnt get to see my post before it was deleted.:( I wouldnt exactly calling it flamming or bashing, but hey I'm not a mod.

Honda10
12-18-2008, 05:29 PM
ltr450fly, how do you call your self a supporter of the tuner community, you think that when you slap an air in take and a fart-can exhaust on, your you are a tuner, you are completely wrong. But then you take it the extra mile and put a huge wing on it, Why. Tell me what you need need with a wing that big. All you have on your car is apperence. With all the money you spent on riceing your car up you could have bought yourself a decent sized turbo and be on your way to an actually tuner.

12-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Honda10
ltr450fly, how do you call your self a supporter of the tuner community, you think that when you slap an air in take and a fart-can exhaust on, your you are a tuner, you are completely wrong. But then you take it the extra mile and put a huge wing on it, Why. Tell me what you need need with a wing that big. All you have on your car is apperence. With all the money you spent on riceing your car up you could have bought yourself a decent sized turbo and be on your way to an actually tuner.

No I dont think a exhaust and intake make a tuner. You need to build the engine and be turbo to be a tuner but you cant be a tuner with out a bunch of body mods.

And like I said. I have the money to mod and turbo my engine I choose not to cause im putting a rotary, v8, or v10 in it with in a year or 2 after collage so I would just be wasting my money on the 420A.

907Rider
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
And the dude talking about lotus and porsche being better than a eclipse is wrong. The cars their selfs are better but the engines are not and the lotus is only fast cause its light with a crap 1.8 toyota celica engine that puts out less power than a eclipse gsx/gst and sounds like a lame honda.
Are you serious? yea its just a celica engine but its supercharged, super light and they sound no worse than a gayass eclipse

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2MYm1bjto

Honda10
12-18-2008, 05:35 PM
you wasted money on on a wing, exhaust, and body kits. You should worry about proformane before apperence.

12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Are you serious? yea its just a celica engine but its supercharged, super light and they sound no worse than a gayass eclipse

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2MYm1bjto

Their about 2000lbs and that super charger adds only like 20hp. Theirs eclipses under 2000lbs and the yhave a better engine. And eclipses have the best sound their really deep not winy like a honda which a lotus sounds like.

12-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Honda10
you wasted money on on a wing, exhaust, and body kits. You should worry about proformane before apperence.

I got like 10 or so hp over stock. Exhaust and intakes all im doing to this engine. When I mount the twin turbo 20b rotary, ls2, or dodge viper engine that will be my power over stock 500-600hp on pump gas. I would have already did the swap if I could weld. Its a waste of money to pay some one to do it for me so im wating till collage.

adawg89
12-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Ltr450fly: I would recommend since you have 420a engine to swap a evo 8 engine into your eclipse. The 4g63 evo 8 motor mounts are pratically the same as the 420 motor mounts now thats a sleeper.

Source: http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198729&highlight=evo+engine+eclipse

Here's another of EVO V engien in a 420a eclipse. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=739086

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 05:42 PM
and that super charger adds only like 20hp.

This is a prime example of why drugs are bad.

Your a complete idiot slow. Seriously, put a .45 to your head and pull the trigger. Please?:scary:

12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
This is a prime example of why drugs are bad.

Your a complete idiot slow. Seriously, put a .45 to your head and pull the trigger. Please?:scary:

Go look at a elise and then a super charged exige. Exige has a whole extra 18hp.

907Rider
12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Soooo an eclipse sounds better than these?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNklzkv5J_I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNklzkv5J_I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Im sorry.

If you think your eclipse sounds better than my truck, then you FAIL. HARD.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

907Rider
12-18-2008, 05:55 PM
For those who dont know sonetts are v4's

12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by adawg89
Ltr450fly: I would recommend since you have 420a engine to swap a evo 8 engine into your eclipse. The 4g63 evo 8 motor mounts are pratically the same as the 420 motor mounts now thats a sleeper.

Source: http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198729&highlight=evo+engine+eclipse

Here's another of EVO V engien in a 420a eclipse. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=739086

I dont want a 4cyl engine thats why im doing a real engine swap with lots of welding and converting it to only rwd with a big engine in it. I would rather be known as the guy with the fully custom V10 eclipse than the guy who just practicaly mounted some other engine in it. I would never mount a 4g63 in my car I would just go buy a gsx that has the 4g63 in it. Huge engine small car and you cant call me rice cause ill be the one making the hicks in their mustangs look slow.

12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I really dont know what to say anymore but ltr450fy almost every piece of info you stated was not even close to being true or real. YOu dont have to have a turbo to be a tuner theres NA 4 cylinders makingas much power as the turbo ones. Perfect example is the K20. You can build motors up like crazy if you want. Exhaust and intake thats fine theres a start as long as it isnt the whale penis intake and fartcan exhaust folgers or maxwell house lol Exhaust and intake on a factory engine all stock parts usually only adds 5-10HP and for the money spent on body kits and making it look good you sure could have done some motor work or slap a turbo on there. Isnt the 1 eclipse turbo from the factory? i'm sure you could slap that on there and be boostin already for $500 or so.

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Not one of those motors you mentioned are going near your car. So quit blabbin bout it.

907Rider
12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Im sorry.

If you think your eclipse sounds better than my truck, then you FAIL. HARD.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-9RtZEjFV0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Damn man I need a set of headers for my 84' custom deluxe
I got a glass pack...but I want more

12-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Soooo an eclipse sounds better than these?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNklzkv5J_I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNklzkv5J_I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sounds kind of like a turbo 420A eclipse.

12-18-2008, 06:01 PM

im talking about 4cyls only. 4g63 is one of the deepest sounding 4cyl engines.

And all you ever here is high pitch rice or stupid V8s in america they all sound the same.

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsNEFdHpq8s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsNEFdHpq8s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hear a HUGE difference in that POS silverado and my F100...

Please send me some of whatever your on man, I need some of it.:rolleyes:

907Rider
12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Ok so here is an eclipse
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vUT39qERAFk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vUT39qERAFk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

here is a sonett3 v4

Both are 4cly the sonett is a v4 the eclipse is in-line4

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 06:09 PM

I have Heddman long tubes, running into a 2.5" custom H-pipe, into dual 40 series flows with 3" side exits...

ProspectorJim
12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
ltr450fly, face it man you're a ricer! Once you come to terms with that and get some counseling you just might be able to talk out of your mouth rather than the other hole. I don't know much about tuners but even I can tell you don't know what you're talking about.

scuzz
12-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I dont want a 4cyl engine thats why im doing a real engine swap with lots of welding and converting it to only rwd with a big engine in it. I would rather be known as the guy with the fully custom V10 eclipse than the guy who just practicaly mounted some other engine in it. I would never mount a 4g63 in my car I would just go buy a gsx that has the 4g63 in it. Huge engine small car and you cant call me rice cause ill be the one making the hicks in their mustangs look slow.

Yeah but their lives are pretty short. Crank walk, and other Mitsubishi problems abound like leaky caps in the CPU's and whatnot.

I hate generalizations but 4cl hot rods just don't last long. (non-stock forced induction)

feuerstack411
12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
I think my head is going to explode after reading ltr450flys posts.

12-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Ok so here is an eclipse
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vUT39qERAFk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vUT39qERAFk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

here is a sonett3 v4

Both are 4cly the sonett is a v4 the eclipse is in-line4

Thats a 420A eclipse and it has a bad exhaust system. Thats actually probably just a new muffler it has.

Heres how a eclips 420a turbo sounds
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bW9qoCxWSc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bW9qoCxWSc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Heres how a eclipse 4g63t sounds. Here that really deep sound. ECLIPSE. Then you here in teh back ground the lame high pitch rice sound coming from the other car.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GxCnS-lXX_s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GxCnS-lXX_s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by FLmxR911
Not one of those motors you mentioned are going near your car. So quit blabbin bout it.

Yes they are.

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Still sounds like a terd to me.

12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Still sounds like a terd to me.

Whats it matter any ways? mines getting a engine swap and going to be the best sounding eclipse in the usa.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GFyRCKERfmI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GFyRCKERfmI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

adawg89
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm gonna post this on dsmtalk and see how many people are gonna give you **** for it. :p :p

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Whats it matter any ways? mines getting a engine swap and going to be the best sounding eclipse in the usa.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GFyRCKERfmI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GFyRCKERfmI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL your a retard. Thats never gonna happen that motor is bigger then your engine bay and cabin

416exfreak
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM

That viper sounded like arse.

V10's sound like industrial engines... to me, that car sounded like mix of a Cummins diesel and a Civic with a fart can...

12-18-2008, 07:09 PM
ROFL your a retard. Thats never gonna happen that motor is bigger then your engine bay and cabin

If a V8 chevy 454 fits in a eclipse fine im sure a V10 will fit with litle mods needed to get it in.

Automotive chassis fabracator = what im going to be going to school for.

Chevy 7.4 454 powered 2g eclipse. RWD Exactly what im going to do except with out a 454 engine.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNhgwyOm0x8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNhgwyOm0x8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6u4Ae9gZyc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6u4Ae9gZyc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Yes they are.

Nope there not. Your a giant ricer that has no clue about cars. The one you drive now is god awful. Go post those ideas ona real car forum I dare you lol and show em a picture of that sweet ride. Youll get blasted and torn to shreds. You cant make a valid arguement cept omg 4g motors rule!!!!1! you honestly should just drive a honda you would fit right in. You brag about speeding in neighborhoods your a DISGRACE to the whole car community. So please do the world a favor and take up mountain biking or knitting as a hobby it would suite you well. Beacuse your a epic failure at cars.

12-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Nope there not. Your a giant ricer that has no clue about cars. The one you drive now is god awful. Go post those ideas ona real car forum I dare you lol and show em a picture of that sweet ride. Youll get blasted and torn to shreds. You cant make a valid arguement cept omg 4g motors rule!!!!1! you honestly should just drive a honda you would fit right in. You brag about speeding in neighborhoods your a DISGRACE to the whole car community. So please do the world a favor and take up mountain biking or knitting as a hobby it would suite you well. Beacuse your a epic failure at cars.

Right. Every one on these forums said back 2-3 years ago that my 400ex with wheel spacers, muffler, and plastic was crap and that I would never turn it into a hybrid. Well quad got A-arms, axle, pep zps shocks, and lots more and of corse a YZ426 engine mounted in its frame. Then every one was saying it was stupid cause it had no top engine mount. Well go look at ktm they did the same thing with their quads for fast engine switches.

I cant own somthing thats not engine swapped cause I refuse to drive what other people have which is why I hate my LTR450.

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Ricer.

907Rider
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Its still grandma's car......but I like it
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vs100JqQGuw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vs100JqQGuw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZeroLogic
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
ltr450fly I must ask you something. How much did you spend on cosmetics on your car?
Be honest I just want a price not oh I got it from so and so real cheap blah blah crap. Straight up price.

12-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Ricer.

Sounds good.

12-18-2008, 07:28 PM
ltr450fly I must ask you something. How much did you spend on cosmetics on your car?
Be honest I just want a price not oh I got it from so and so real cheap blah blah crap. Straight up price.

I never kept the slips but it was almost $5000 total spent on all the cars stuff.

ZeroLogic
12-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Alright, you say you want a fast car, why not spend the 5k on the motor? Or maybe do a swap?

FLmxR911
12-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Gee I wonder :rolleyes:

12-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Alright, you say you want a fast car, why not spend the 5k on the motor? Or maybe do a swap?

Cause I dont want to mod the 420A engine. If it had the turbo 4g63 in it then I maybe would. Engine swap is being done by me after collage and only with a big engin not no lame 4cyl engine. I dont want to waste my money to have some one mount a engine and new rear end for me when I could do it my self for free after or during collage.

ZeroLogic
12-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Cause I dont want to mod the 420A engine. If it had the turbo 4g63 in it then I maybe would. Engine swap is being done by me after collage and only with a big engin not no lame 4cyl engine. I dont want to waste my money to have some one mount a engine and new rear end for me when I could do it my self for free after or during collage.

How much did you pay for the car?

12-18-2008, 07:43 PM
How much did you pay for the car?

Like $3000. I only got it cause I wanted to buy a car and I was going to buy a turbo RX7 but the guy was retarted and hung up on my so I called on the eclipse and they answered so I bought it instead of the rx7.

12-18-2008, 07:46 PM
You paid too much for that car lol I would never pay that much for it. And 5k in cosmetics? 5k i'd be running 11's easy

ZeroLogic
12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Like $3000. I only got it cause I wanted to buy a car and I was going to buy a turbo RX7 but the guy was retarted and hung up on my so I called on the eclipse and they answered so I bought it instead of the rx7.

You got a Eclipse instead of a RX7?:huh

5k+3k=8k

I hope I didn't lose you so far. 8k=Mustang/Camero=faster than Eclipse.
Ya with me?
Now I don't know what the v10 and the rear drive will cost you so I'll just say around 8k and thats low.

8k+8k=16k

Now if you saved all this money, you could have one bangin v8 or an alright v8 thats a rather quick motor.

Did I lose you?

12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
You got a Eclipse instead of a RX7?:huh

5k+3k=8k

I hope I didn't lose you so far. 8k=Mustang/Camero=faster than Eclipse.
Ya with me?
Now I don't know what the v10 and the rear drive will cost you so I'll just say around 8k and thats low.

8k+8k=16k

Now if you saved all this money, you could have one bangin v8 or an alright v8 thats a rather quick motor.

Did I lose you?

I almost got a camaro. Their was one for like $2000 that had some engine work and had a fresh rebuild but it was a ugly brown so I said no to it.

I would rather drive a fast rwd eclipse rice car with a huge engine being totaly differant than every one else than having a mustang or camaro which you see at every turn.

You here a Rotary or v8 or v10 powered eclipse and people be going wtf and right away think its crazy fast. See a mustang/camero and people treat them just like all other mustangs/camaros cause theirs nothing special about em cause so many people drive the same exact cars.

ZeroLogic
12-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Make the Stang speical. Honestly how many Stangs you see around with a built motor. I rarely and I mean rarely ever see one with more than a exhaust and intake. Thats different, and also makes more sense.
Whatevers your taste though. Don't forget, roads aren't tracks.;)

adawg89
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
You paid too much for that car lol I would never pay that much for it. And 5k in cosmetics? 5k i'd be running 11's easy

Yeah but on awd eclipse/talon/laser you could run 12 for around 700 bucks or 200 if you play your cards right but spending 5k on rebuilding the motor I smell a big 16G running 25 psi on race gas with supporting mods :devil: running low 10 maybe high 9's with everything gutted out of it.

12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah but on awd eclipse/talon/laser you could run 12 for around 700 bucks or 200 if you play your cards right but spending 5k on rebuilding the motor I smell a big 16G running 25 psi on race gas with supporting mods :devil: running low 10 maybe high 9's with everything gutted out of it.

alright find me a car that runs 12's in the 1/4 thats only $700. maybe 12 in the 1/8th

adawg89
12-18-2008, 10:01 PM
alright find me a car that runs 12's in the 1/4 thats only $700. maybe 12 in the 1/8th

Find you one? Why? Do it yourself if you want it so bad lazy ***.

FLmxR911
12-19-2008, 02:02 AM
your not runnin 12's in anything for 700$

adawg89
12-19-2008, 05:41 AM
your not runnin 12's in anything for 700$

Not me other people are though. How about this once I sell my fwd turbo eclipse and get awd I'll show you for myself.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Please do.

adawg89
12-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Please do.

Ok :D I have all the parts to run 12 seconds :p There just waiting to get put on to the awd dsm when I get it :D Only cost me ARP head studs.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok :D I have all the parts to run 12 seconds :p There just waiting to get put on to the awd dsm when I get it :D Only cost me ARP head studs.

Its gotta pass state inspection though.:eek: :D

dbc112
12-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Go with class, get an 01 or 02 audi S4 with the V6 BI TURBO.

Slap a chip in it and increase your HP from 270 to 320.

Blow away almost anything and do it in style the sleeper way!

These cars can be moded with K04's and they become MONSTERS..

Eclipse is a gay car.. look like a doosh IMHO.

adawg89
12-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Its gotta pass state inspection though.:eek: :D

No they were new arp head studs not the head studs on my engine already.

@dbc Tell that to the hooter chicks at our DSM meets that There always happy when we have our cars there and the model for us on the cars too :eek2: I'll get pics next meet of that :D

FLmxR911
12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Enjoy taking your crank for a walk lol.

adawg89
12-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Enjoy taking your crank for a walk lol.

6 bolt 4g63 rarely have crank walk well I never seen a 6 bolt 4g63 have crank walk that is why you see a bunch of 2G dsm swap out there 7 bolt and put a 6 bolt 4G63 in it. That is the 7 bolt 4g63 you read up on.

12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by dbc112

Sucks for the owners of other tuners then. If the best tuner ever made eclipse gsx/gst and is gay then whats that make the other tuners? And saying they look bad is stupid. In the car world probably 10% of people (you) think you need a actual ugly car with a kind of fast engine to be good.

Almost every vid on youtube with a eclipse gsx/gst in you know the eclipse is going to win the race against a 4cyl or a v8 cause eclipses almost every time in every single vid win because of the fact the 4g63 is the best 4cyl engine ever made for performance.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xM_eJSXk_B0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xM_eJSXk_B0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqiHcoLbkzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqiHcoLbkzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ti2ibal1
12-19-2008, 03:35 PM
ltr450fly, how old are you? By reading your posts, I can picture a pissed off little 16 year old kid, red in the face, pounding on the keyboard. The mental image makes me chuckle.

Personal attacks and name calling are tell tale signs of losing an arguement.

Yours truely,

A Honda driver

12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ti2ibal1
ltr450fly, how old are you? By reading your posts, I can picture a pissed off little 16 year old kid, red in the face, pounding on the keyboard. The mental image makes me chuckle.

Personal attacks and name calling are tell tale signs of losing an arguement.

Yours truely,

A Honda driver

wtf are you talking about? I called no one any name. And im 19. I said if the eclipse is gay then whats that make other tuners. Zero name calling.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2008, 04:23 PM
wtf are you talking about? I called no one any name. And im 19. I said if the eclipse is gay then whats that make other tuners. Zero name calling.

What would you like me to call someone who does 120mph on a road.:huh

FLmxR911
12-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Sucks for the owners of other tuners then. If the best tuner ever made eclipse gsx/gst and is gay then whats that make the other tuners? And saying they look bad is stupid. In the car world probably 10% of people (you) think you need a actual ugly car with a kind of fast engine to be good.

Almost every vid on youtube with a eclipse gsx/gst in you know the eclipse is going to win the race against a 4cyl or a v8 cause eclipses almost every time in every single vid win because of the fact the 4g63 is the best 4cyl engine ever made for performance.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xM_eJSXk_B0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xM_eJSXk_B0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqiHcoLbkzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqiHcoLbkzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Who would post videos of themselves losing?? :rolleyes: No wonder everybody wins in those videos you tard

ti2ibal1
12-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I believe it was on page 3 or 4. In one of your long winded rants, you called everyone "idiots". I assume that was done due to the fact that they didn't agree with your personal opinion concerning the 4g63.

For being 19, you sure have a lot of growing up to do. Your posts have no structure and lack any real substance. Posting YouTube videos doesn't reinforce your point, by the way.

I truely pity your "collage" professors...

12-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I believe it was on page 3 or 4. In one of your long winded rants, you called everyone "idiots". I assume that was done due to the fact that they didn't agree with your personal opinion concerning the 4g63.

For being 19, you sure have a lot of growing up to do. Your posts have no structure and lack any real substance. Posting YouTube videos doesn't reinforce your point, by the way.

I truely pity your "collage" professors...

Cause I'm right and then a few people go yack yack yack honda this and honda that and try to say 4g63 engines are bad and that honda is better. Honda is the worst of the worst and stock or modded is rice no matter if its fast or not and they all sound and look lame. The eclipse 4g63 is the best 4cyl engine ever made. The stock engine can handle up to 500hp and 2g eclipses with the 4g63 engine hold the fastest 4cyl car 1/4 time records manual and auto and their one of the few 4cyl cars that look good.

You will never find a fully built 4cyl drag car faster than a fully built 4g63 eclipse.

12-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Who would post videos of themselves losing?? :rolleyes: No wonder everybody wins in those videos you tard

Half the vids are from other people taping them that dont even know the people in the cars. Almost all vids with hondas = loose.

ti2ibal1
12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Cause I'm right and then a few people go yack yack yack honda this and honda that and try to say 4g63 engines are bad and that honda is better. Honda is the worst of the worst and stock or modded is rice no matter if its fast or not and they all sound lame.

This post takes the cake. Your ignorance is blinding!

Every post I've read, with the exception of yours, have been people stating their personal preferences and opinions. You, on the other hand, have made it painfully clear that you are right, and cannot be proved wrong. You cannot force your personal beliefs on people via the internet. It just doesn't work. Keep trying though. The entertainment value of this thread is reaching epic levels.

FLmxR911
12-19-2008, 05:26 PM
He's dumb when it comes to cars dude he has no idea. It's like talking to a wall one day he'll realize I hope lmao. I highly doubt he is 19 either. Has the mentality of a 12 year old.

12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
This post takes the cake. Your ignorance is blinding!

Every post I've read, with the exception of yours, have been people stating their personal preferences and opinions. You, on the other hand, have made it painfully clear that you are right, and cannot be proved wrong. You cannot force your personal beliefs on people via the internet. It just doesn't work. Keep trying though. The entertainment value of this thread is reaching epic levels.

I'm not posting my preferences and opinions thats what you guys are posting. My perference is rotarys, v10s, and v12s. The fact is which I stated a million times. THE ECLIPSE HOLDS THE 1/4 MILE RECORD TIME. NO OTHER 4CYL TO THIS DAY CAN BEAT THE ECLIPSE 1/4 TIME. That is not a opinion it is fact. Theirs yet for a honda or other 4cyl engined car to put down a better 1/4 time and you few people cant get that into your heads. Mods for mods the eclipse is faster.

ricksmx865
12-19-2008, 06:07 PM
we had a kid at my HS that acted just like ltr450fly.... then he got his *** kicked!!!

and ill agree with ti2ibal1 the entertainment in this thread is halarious!!

ProspectorJim
12-19-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm not posting my preferences and opinions thats what you guys are posting. My perference is rotarys, v10s, and v12s. The fact is which I stated a million times. THE ECLIPSE HOLDS THE 1/4 MILE RECORD TIME. NO OTHER 4CYL TO THIS DAY CAN BEAT THE ECLIPSE 1/4 TIME. That is not a opinion it is fact. Theirs yet for a honda or other 4cyl engined car to put down a better 1/4 time and you few people cant get that into your heads. Mods for mods the eclipse is faster.

nobody is saying hondas are better. They're saying that you're eclipse is a POS and that you're a ricer who doesn't know what he's talking about.

12-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
nobody is saying hondas are better. They're saying that you're eclipse is a POS and that you're a ricer who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Right. Find one thing I said that was "wrong" and post it.

ProspectorJim
12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm right

found one.

12-19-2008, 07:05 PM
found one.

Glad to see you cant find any "real" thing wrong that I said.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2008, 07:51 PM
found one.

Lol he got you there.

ti2ibal1
12-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Right. Find one thing I said that was "wrong" and post it.

Nothing is wrong with what you said, theoretically. It's just the manner in which you broadcast yourself. "I'm right, and everyone is an idiot!"

Anyone that knows anything about Imports, knows the 4g63 has tons of potential. But, calling people names and throwing a fit isn't really adding anything to this thread.

If Hondas, and the people that drive and enjoy them are "gay", than you can call me Richard Simmons.

Duke Nukem
12-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey buddy. I live close to Rock falls raceway, if you get your hunk o' junk done. Call me up, I want to see this "fastest 4cyl car" run down the 1/4 against my car. Smack talker.

my e-mail: Jess217476399@q.com

:devil:

12-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Duke Nukem
Hey buddy. I live close to Rock falls raceway, if you get your hunk o' junk done. Call me up, I want to see this "fastest 4cyl car" run down the 1/4 against my car. Smack talker.

my e-mail: Jess217476399@q.com

Wont be done for at least a year. And it wont be the fastest 4cyl cause of the fact that it wont be a 4cyl car. And the cars not going to be a 1/4 car. Its only going to see the 1/4 a few times so I can see what it runs cause drag racing is lamer than nascar.

12-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Wont be done for at least a year. And it wont be the fastest 4cyl cause of the fact that it wont be a 4cyl car. And the cars not going to be a 1/4 car. Its only going to see the 1/4 a few times so I can see what it runs cause drag racing is lamer than nascar.

Ever been to a NASCAR race? deffinately not lame its amazing. its hard to get into it watching on tv unless you have been to a race then you remember the smells, sounds, the feel of the ground shaking as your sitting on your couch. its truely amazing and even though they mostly turn left they have some serious skill. A lot of drag racers think it stupid but I rather drive in NASCAR than NHRA and I rather watch NASCAR. They say it doesnt take skill they just keep going left well drag racing your just going straight and theres no drafting or crazy pit changes and a bunch of cars at once around you.

RedneckRacing18
12-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Wow Look What I Started haha I Was Just Seeing What People Knew And Thought About Getting A Supra Or Eclipse lol

k4f5x0r
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
hey well, theres always one good thing about something. and in the civics case it has the ability to do this

http://www.break.com/index/how-to-parallel-park.html

12-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
hey well, theres always one good thing about something. and in the civics case it has the ability to do this

http://www.break.com/index/how-to-parallel-park.html

i've always wanted to try that knowing my luck the e brake isnt as strong and it slips and hit whatever is behind haha.

k4f5x0r
12-19-2008, 09:23 PM
look at the bodykit... even honda's wanna be Evo's. :p

Kickstarts-suck
12-19-2008, 10:24 PM
I was at Autozone the other day getting some electrical parts cleaner and there was a riced out v6 mustang there with GTR symbols, yellow paint, big *** spoiler, ugly *** body kit, and so on..

The windshield said "candygirl" on it and I asked the dude that worked there whos it was and he said "That gay black dude right there"

LMFAO! it was soo funny.

EDIT : ZOMG 2000 posts!?!?!?! :p

ti2ibal1
12-19-2008, 11:56 PM

http://www.rage-board.com/files/iching.jpg

Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, $hit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.

jesseweaver
12-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by dbc112

my friends got a real nice S4 but its a wagon:ermm: his older brother has an RS6 though... talk about a sleeper. looks pretty much like a regular audi and has about 650hp:eek2: there 580 stock im pretty sure

trick450r
12-20-2008, 07:31 AM

you try going 200mpg inches away from other cars hitting each other and keep it going straight, and ill accept your opinion!

You just dont want to drag race because you know your riced out low budget piece of **** japanese econobox will NEVER be powered by anything other than the boat anchor thats in it now. You think in one year your going to

-Learn how to be a "chassis fabricator"
-Have mastered your skills enough to take on such a project.
-purchase everything
-and completely hack your car down to nothing, redesign the entire shell and piece it back together.

IN ONE YEAR.

I just want to tell you that unless your HARRY POTTER and you got some magic tricks goin on ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN...EVER!!!

These are the projects that take YEARS to complete, You will have grown out of your ignorance by then and will learn that a car like yours has no class. You might have a highschool girl checking it out here and their because they think that guy from the gay and furious looked good in one. But you will realize that you will be the laughing stock of any event where the people know even one smidge of information about cars.

And why would you build a v10/v8 powered **** box, with a solid rear and not be building it for the strip? that just doesnt make sense, i would love to hear your theory behind this one!! Lemme guess, some mexi behind the quikie mart at your ricer meets told you that its a straight swap to put a v8 in it, and for that matter why an ls2? ls3/6 would be the ticket. But clearly you have done no research, saw ls2 on the rocker panel of a GTO that kicked your cars **** in on the street and now you think it would be no problem for a "chassis fabricator" with one year of training to just go ahead and put an american v8 in the jap 4 cyl car with rwd and suspension, riiiiiigggghhhhhttttttt, keep smokin' that crack pipe kid, soon enough you'll die and we wont have to listen to your bablings anymore.

12-20-2008, 11:14 AM
engine swap on a civic takes an hour and a half lol basically unbolt, remove, install, bolt down.

ZeroLogic
12-20-2008, 11:43 AM
drag racing is lamer than nascar.

:eek2:

You sir are going straight to hell. And you will burn forever in a Honda Civic.:mad:

ZSNOW
12-20-2008, 01:52 PM
:eek2:

You sir are going straight to hell. And you will burn forever in a Honda Civic.:mad:

X2 never dis nascar or drag racing...american sports:scary: :macho

907Rider
12-20-2008, 01:57 PM
engine swap on a civic takes an hour and a half lol basically unbolt, remove, install, bolt down.
Not this one
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dimra6Ucj0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dimra6Ucj0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12-20-2008, 02:00 PM
you try going 200mpg inches away from other cars hitting each other and keep it going straight, and ill accept your opinion!

You just dont want to drag race because you know your riced out low budget piece of **** japanese econobox will NEVER be powered by anything other than the boat anchor thats in it now. You think in one year your going to

-Learn how to be a "chassis fabricator"
-Have mastered your skills enough to take on such a project.
-purchase everything
-and completely hack your car down to nothing, redesign the entire shell and piece it back together.

IN ONE YEAR.

I just want to tell you that unless your HARRY POTTER and you got some magic tricks goin on ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN...EVER!!!

These are the projects that take YEARS to complete, You will have grown out of your ignorance by then and will learn that a car like yours has no class. You might have a highschool girl checking it out here and their because they think that guy from the gay and furious looked good in one. But you will realize that you will be the laughing stock of any event where the people know even one smidge of information about cars.

And why would you build a v10/v8 powered **** box, with a solid rear and not be building it for the strip? that just doesnt make sense, i would love to hear your theory behind this one!! Lemme guess, some mexi behind the quikie mart at your ricer meets told you that its a straight swap to put a v8 in it, and for that matter why an ls2? ls3/6 would be the ticket. But clearly you have done no research, saw ls2 on the rocker panel of a GTO that kicked your cars **** in on the street and now you think it would be no problem for a "chassis fabricator" with one year of training to just go ahead and put an american v8 in the jap 4 cyl car with rwd and suspension, riiiiiigggghhhhhttttttt, keep smokin' that crack pipe kid, soon enough you'll die and we wont have to listen to your bablings anymore.

I dont want to drag race cause I dont like it. Im only doing it a few times to see what it does. I want a really fast street car that runs on pump gas that I can take to the track (not drag).

The car will be built I'm 100% sure. I talked about going to build my rongly modded 400ex into a hybrid race quad for 2 years before it happened and changed all the parts and swapped the engine. I talked about doing it for 2 years and was toled the same things that it would never happen and its slow and to drive it off a clif and then all of a sudded wallacazam I have super good handling and fast hybrid with every thing totaly changed.

Heres a chevy 454 7.4 liter eclipse. This build was cheep.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/V8%20eclipse/xcvxvxv.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/V8%20eclipse/rtedrtetu7.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/V8%20eclipse/1181423892_f.jpg

adawg89
12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
why not just have american muscle then? or do you want ot be different like everyone else? Also, there's a huge difference between 1 cylinder engine and 4 cylinder engine if it took you two years on your 400ex to make it a hybrid then this will take you 2-3 times longer.

Wills77
12-20-2008, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ltr450fly
[B]I dont want to drag race cause I dont like it. Im only doing it a few times to see what it does. I want a really fast street car that runs on pump gas that I can take to the track (not drag).

The car will be built I'm 100% sure. I talked about going to build my rongly modded 400ex into a hybrid race quad for 2 years before it happened and changed all the parts and swapped the engine. I talked about doing it for 2 years and was toled the same things that it would never happen and its slow and to drive it off a clif and then all of a sudded wallacazam I have super good handling and fast hybrid with every thing totaly changed.

ohh the hybrid that had the power to weight ratio of a corvette? haha

tater_kamik
12-20-2008, 03:01 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12-20-2008, 03:20 PM
[B]why not just have american muscle then? or do you want ot be different like everyone else?

BINGO!!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Took me 2 years "before I did it" because I didnt have the money yet. Took 7 hours to swap the engine in it and do all the mods needed but through out the to years I spent thousends on parts for it to make it better.

3or4HONDA
12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

thats priceless

ahhhhhhhh it came with it

a 2000 limited edition GTR turbo rotary v6 with nos and a full exhaust LMFAO o and runnin 11's

adawg89
12-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh MY GOD its a rotary with pistons LMGAO XD I've seen another video a guy sayings he has a rotary and he said like it's like 10 dollars worth of gas per cylinder and he said there's four LMFAO.

400exkid2
12-20-2008, 04:55 PM
i like my gas saver it is all stock

adawg89
12-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exkid2
i like my gas saver it is all stock

I should of had one of those during the summer.

400exkid2
12-20-2008, 05:45 PM
ha ya during the summer i got between 35-45 depending on how i drove

FLmxR911
12-20-2008, 07:26 PM
You do reaize ltricer that swapping one of those motors is gonna destroy your weight balance and the cars gonna handle worse then a 75 buick.

416exfreak
12-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Im on the hunt now for a mid to late 90's model Civic with a 5-speed. I dont care about the engine, im nto ricing it out..

I just want something that gets 30+ mpg. Im sick of getting 3-5 mpg... lmao.

adawg89
12-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Im on the hunt now for a mid to late 90's model Civic with a 5-speed. I dont care about the engine, im nto ricing it out..

I just want something that gets 30+ mpg. Im sick of getting 3-5 mpg... lmao.

I here you on that one lol.

400exkid2
12-20-2008, 08:17 PM
ha yes i love my car for that reason

440racer66
12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Yes. Dont buy a eclipse buy a honda. Be a 100% ricer you dont want the best 4cyl car ever made (eclipse) you want the worst and #1 rice car, a honda!

I mean come on idiots.! Use your heads but then again what you say makes it sound like you dont have a braine. Saying dont buy a eclipse is like saying dont buy a ktm 525 instead buy a 250ex. You are idiots!!! You want to say buy a old supra? Eclipse will waste it. Buy a honda and engine swap it with the best honda engine made? Know what? Eclipse will wast it with its factory engine!!!!

How about this I will be just like you exrider guys and talk out of my ***. Go buy a geo metro it will smoke a lamborghini hands down!! It will smoke it cause I dont know nothing other than the names of cars names! Yep im just like exriders guys. I talk crap about engines cause I dont know whats fast or not. A lamborghini is slower than a geo and a honda is better than a mitsubishi.

O and your going to put up a fit over this to cause im wrong right??? Fight me over this and your that will make you a total idiot! Talk **** about me all you want but its not going to change the fact the the mitsubishi eclipse is the most powerful, best sounding, and best looking 4cyl car ever made!!!

well number one your eclipse is slow two it will never be fast and if you put a viper motor in it you are wasting your money that thing is the deff. of rice. your the kid that pulls up and gets joked about. number two there are too many eclipse drivers out there mostly girls. and three why hasnt anyone banned him he never has anything good to say. and i hope you really are going to college you need some english lessons. and maybe you will quit this foolishness.

L0w3r55
12-22-2008, 01:45 PM
you guys realize your all ridiculous right? If someone says something to you that you don't like or agree with you all freak out. Let the guys with their eclipses and civics put their body kits and $250 dollar sound systems have their fun and you guys with your american muscle have your, well muscle. Its like watching those stupid burger king commercials where they try and convince you that if aboriginie people like the whopper its the best WHO FRIKIN CARES!!!

<DRS>GPF
12-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
you guys realize your all ridiculous right? If someone says something to you that you don't like or agree with you all freak out. Let the guys with their eclipses and civics put their body kits and $250 dollar sound systems have their fun and you guys with your american muscle have your, well muscle. Its like watching those stupid burger king commercials where they try and convince you that if aboriginie people like the whopper its the best WHO FRIKIN CARES!!!

well said...:D though i think the burger king commercial at least has a goal of irony about it..:blah: