PDA

View Full Version : Adding classes

CAIN730
12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Personally I never asked to add a class, I just don't want 90 auto all together but rather 90-125 4 stroke.

Stephanie says she is getting the emails you guys are sending even though they appear to be bouncing back. 21 votes for 90-125cc 4 stroke and counting so keep sending them in.

jandjracing
12-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by CAIN730
Personally I never asked to add a class, I just don't want 90 auto all together but rather 90-125 4 stroke.

So if you are not asking for an added class, you are asking for the production classes to be changed to 4 stroke only? Cobras or most CVT's would not be allowed? Why would you want less quads in the class? Why aren't the Cobra or CVT riders asking for a 2 stroke mini class only, because it wouldn't make sense.

CAIN730
12-17-2008, 06:15 PM
no, production just as proposed, and a 4 stroke class rather than auto. 2 classes for honda, 4 stroke and production. 2 classes for 90 cc cobras-production and mod. 2 classes for cvt- cvt and production.

jandjracing
12-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Why don't you just have the Honda run the Production class and Mod class, just as you recommended the Cobra to? Then we don't have to add classes.

CAIN730
12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
It's simple, a cobra 90 with a hand clutch is about as good a match for a mod as a trx90 is to a cobra with a hand clutch.

mxkids
12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by CAIN730
It's simple, a cobra 90 with a hand clutch is about as good a match for a mod as a trx90 is to a cobra with a hand clutch.

Scott,

Think about what you just said. 90 cobra to a mod, cobra with a hand clutch to a honda. That is the same thing. That is saying all 3 are equal. That sounds great, lets do that.

Brandon

bmxican345
12-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Scott Just put the hand clutch on the hondas and race the cobras. or do you think the corbas are to fast four your hondas it only cost 450. to change. But if you wont your riders to race against eachother then you need a honda class.but i guss Pauls cobras have you scared.

guy310
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
You guys are a bunch of strokes. I don't race a Honda or a cobra but I do know that we have raced against Scott's Hondas and they are badass. Those things sound like 450's and they absolutely rip. That's not to say nobody else builds good Hondas but I know for a fact that he definitely does. What I am reading is that he is acting like an adult and a professional and the rest of you bashers are acting like middle school kids. Grow up.

CAIN730
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by mxkids
Scott,

Think about what you just said. 90 cobra to a mod, cobra with a hand clutch to a honda. That is the same thing. That is saying all 3 are equal. That sounds great, lets do that.

Brandon

I'm not here trying to blow smoke up anyones rear. I SAID! a mod is faster than a 90 cobra with a clutch which is faster than a honda and the gap between each is about the same. Now that your enlightened re read the post you are quoting. I'll be honest about it in a heart beat good or bad for business. If I think everyones honda has been made obsolete by the rules I'll tell them. We have built more big bikes lately than 90's anyway.

mxkids
12-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Everybody that has been to a national in the last 2 years knows that the honda and cobra battle is about as close as it get . The honda has torque the cobra is lightweight an has a chassis that builds a kids confidence.The honda is better on tight tracks the cobra is better on long ruff tracks. Eack year a kid steps up to the plate and really wants it and he is the one that will usally win. last year it was Taylor S in junior and Cody T in senior. The junior on a honda and senior on a cobra. this year the junior was a close race between honda and cobra but the cobra won . In the senior class colby walked away with it on a honda. these kids were going to win no matter what they were riding. Do you think a manual hand clutch would have made these kids any faster? i dont. Anybody that has ever watched these kids ride knows ,they never drop out of the power, they are wide open at the peak of the motor. Right now its its about a 80 20 split honda vs cobra. Most parents dont want to deal with the auto clutch. [on a cobra] its not maintance free. a kid has to shift a cobra , if there in the wrong gear or let it bog the clutch really doesnt help. Theres no substitute for being in the right gear at the right time. If a kid trully knows how to use a clutch , they will be in the right gear anyway. Brandon Tittle