PDA

View Full Version : KTM 525xc Trail riding

Melville
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I am looking to buy an '08 525xc. I wanted to know how this quad does on the trails and tight woods riding. I like to climb hills, and play in the sand. Any info on how this quad does would help.

scuzz
12-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a buddy who mainly rides in the sand and then trails with his and loves it.

It's super fast.

It has had issues though with head bolts coming completely out of the head. (3 in three separate occasions) Two bolts came loose, one was totally lost.

He's already gone through two ball joints and two tie rods also.

He also melted the breather tube. ( a common problem that they may have fixed in later releases)

Other than that it's been really good to him.

Melville
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
How is the KTM 525xc at the end of the day when I just want to putt around? Or say say when my girlfriend is on her 300ex. Does the KTM mind just taking it easy, or do I have to ride it hard most of time? Also, are there any overheating isues when riden slow. I do plan to ride aggressive, thats the kind of riding that makes me happy. but I just wan't to make sure when things slow down that the KTM is happy.

scuzz
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Now those questions I can't answer, my buddy seldom takes anything slow.

:)

XCRacer236
12-17-2008, 06:38 PM
what kind of question is this? XC means cross country...

scuzz
12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
what kind of question is this? XC means cross country...

It's also the model of the KTM525XC

realbadlarry
12-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I just cruise on mine with family/kid rides and it is fine...it is a really nice quad all around and you will not sorry you bought one.

bryishre
12-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by realbadlarry
I just cruise on mine with family/kid rides and it is fine...it is a really nice quad all around and you will not sorry you bought one.

But if you didnt buy one you would regret that you didnt buy one.

scuzz
12-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, it's a true sport machine IMO.

bferg911
12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Yeah, it's a true sport machine IMO.

I agree. I ride desert, mountain forest trails, dunes. You name it. This bike flat out has not disappointed me. Yes you can cruise it too. I let my wife ride it from time to time.

XtremeSkier
01-02-2009, 02:47 AM
dude it rips in the woods! it hits hard on the bottom and corners great, the woods is where it shines

yes you can putt around with it just fine but when you have all that power it's not easy to just "putt with it" at least for me! the quad just wants to go fast all the time

i love it:devil: