PDA

View Full Version : 700xx owners - IRS thoughts?

scuzz
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Would you ever go back to SRA? Having owned both (and I assume you have) which do you prefer?

I'll ask the same question in the Outlaw forum too.

Thanks guys!

What don't you like?

Would you suggest it to a buddy?

bduncan1231
12-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Love the ground clearance and ride. I didnt care for the front end push but after getting used to it and putting on a Precision steering dampener, its great I will never go back to a SRA (my Raptor days are over for good)

trailin'me
12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bduncan1231
Love the ground clearance and ride. I didnt care for the front end push but after getting used to it and putting on a Precision steering dampener, its great I will never go back to a SRA (my Raptor days are over for good)

agreed. the dampener is the single most important upgrade one can do to this quad. As far as the pushing ... just gotta be able to think a second or 2 more ahead .. to reap the rewards and realize the total benefit of IRS.

posterboy12
12-19-2008, 07:04 AM
What steering dampener did you put on?

Thanks

troybilt
12-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
Would you ever go back to SRA? Having owned both (and I assume you have) which do you prefer?

I'll ask the same question in the Outlaw forum too.

Thanks guys!

What don't you like?

Would you suggest it to a buddy?

Anybody ride in the dunes yet? 80% of my riding is at Little Sahara... for now and I wonder how the IRS handles the sand...

The mags don't give it very good reviews in the sand what do you'all think that have them?

Thanks, Troy

scuzz
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Anybody ride in the dunes yet? 80% of my riding is at Little Sahara... for now and I wonder how the IRS handles the sand...

The mags don't give it very good reviews in the sand what do you'all think that have them?

Thanks, Troy

In my opinion, it does very VERY well...even with the stock tires. I have some paddles on order and should have them somewhere in January.

Every time I drag it to Mississippi I drag it to a place that has 300 acres of a little coarser sand than little sahara so that probably helps.

My riding buddy has a 716 big bore kit (and other things) on his 700r . At first he would say (to agg me on) "If you can make it up that climb, I'll buy a 700xx" After a me making it every single time he started saying "I can't afford to buy one now...but I want one."

scuzz
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
hopefully my buddy will bring his digital movie camera...

hondariderdylan
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM
i dont have a 700xx but what i think honda should do is take after polaris and offer and IRS and a solid axle version like the outlaw, and make it a bit lighter

then it could compete with most of the other big bore sport quads and actually stand a chance

smo0oth1
01-11-2009, 05:38 PM
lol, You must have not rode one either. They are holding up very well to all the other big bore quads and taking charge.

smo0oth1
01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
This forum stays a bit dead, you can catch up on the XX at club700xx.com

scuzz
01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
i dont have a 700xx but what i think honda should do is take after polaris and offer and IRS and a solid axle version like the outlaw, and make it a bit lighter

then it could compete with most of the other big bore sport quads and actually stand a chance

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVkes_GqtuI

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVkes_GqtuI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVkes_GqtuI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

trailin'me
01-12-2009, 01:00 PM
it amazes me that people are still caught up in the weight of this thing....

there is no replacement for displacement .. PERIOD.

if one were to make this 700xx lighter ... which may or may not be a good thing ... would only be faster and even harder to grab with the rear.

trailin'me
01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan

wow. dont make poopie statements like this plz. a 700xx can hold its own v. any other quad. polaris is just poop.

i think what you meant to say ... if polaris would just make their outlaw a little heavier ..use a honda engine and throw away their IRS and replace it with a honda IRS ... the outlaw would be a better quad.

hondariderdylan
01-12-2009, 06:24 PM
wow
my bad you guys

maybe i underestimated the 700

i just am used to the feel of light, straight axle sport quads is all

and another thing that i forgot about is the growing aftermarket support so that people can build it to there tastes

Backstabber
02-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I love how people are so hung up on weight. They have not ridden this quad if they think it is an issue. After having it off my truck for only 5 minutes I was jumping it. This quad has TONS of torque and lands smooth as well as handles amazing on the trail. Honda mated the big bore of a raptor and the IRS of the outlaw. Its a true beast and I love it. You can't notice anything with the weight unless you're a panzy.:devil: