PDA

View Full Version : DRR 70cc Motor wanted

WISH1965
12-17-2008, 07:44 AM
I am looking for a 70cc DRR motor if I cannot find a DRR 70cc quad. I will install this in a 90cc unit. Trouble finding used 70cc complete quads, so my option is to take a 70cc and put in a 90cc unit. Seems to be plenty of used DRR DRX 90cc's out there. Motor could be stock or race prep. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Wade

hotquads1
12-17-2008, 10:16 AM
If you are going to race this , why not get a new 70cc case and build a known good engine . Used engines leave alot of room for wear and tear and have to be freshened up with new parts to be reliable so costwise doesn't really save much in the long run. its an idea. Think of it this way, if someone offered you a good deal on some used tranny gears and used crank bearings and used seals , used pistons and rings for 1/2 price would you buy it ?
marc

bulldogfallon
12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
New DRX70s are available at most DRR dealers

Hey Marc---Is the guy selling the used stuff wearing a cowboy hat?

WISH1965
12-17-2008, 11:54 AM
HQ1,

Yes I have considered a new 70cc quad and start fresh. I am kinda leary in getting a used race prepped engine. You really do not know what you're getting. At least if I have a shop start with a new motor and it blows up after one event, at least I know it was good to start with?? Thanks.

WW