View Full Version : Snowboarding PA

jesseweaver
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
who all snowboards at blue mountain? anyone going this weekend? where else is good?

and has anyone ever been to vermont? im going to killington and ookemo the day after christmas for a while. ive never snowboarded before this year:ermm: am i going to get killed? ive been going a lot this winter so far but from what i hear, its crazy up there.

ben300
12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
who all snowboards at blue mountain? anyone going this weekend? where else is good?

and has anyone ever been to vermont? im going to killington and ookemo the day after christmas for a while. ive never snowboarded before this year:ermm: am i going to get killed? ive been going a lot this winter so far but from what i hear, its crazy up there.

i dont snowboard but i ski a tremendous amount...

it can be very very icy up there on the slopes, and extremely cold at teh same time....they dotn get quite the snow like out west, but its still a large resort wtih a wide variety of terrain to ski/board on, probably some of the best the east next to sunday river.... you can go wrong going up to killington...

i almost was goign to go there this winter, cause i cant afford breck this year, but im goign to the memorial nascar race at charolette so...

c450Razy
12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
do you mean blue knob?? if so yes i was just up there 2 days ago and it was icey as helll, ill more than likely be up this weekend again.

I-7
12-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver

Never been to blue mountain but I have been to a bunch of mountains in the Pocono area of PA. As for vermont... its fun man you'll love it. There is definitely a wide variety of terrain and a lot of Vermont's ski resorts feature more advanced terrain. However, I have been to both killington and okemo and they both have tons of beginner and intermediate trails which would probably better suite you. As for the weather and conditions, its hit or miss. I've been lucky enough to visit mountains in Vermont during 1-2 foot snow storms. I've also been unlucky enough to ride in 50 degree muggy, rainy, foggy weather in mid January in one of Vermont's most premiere "powder resort" (jay peak).

You'll have fun though man.. just hope that the weather is on your side. Hopefully when you are there you will experience the snow caps that form at the peaks of the mountains. You can find the best powder and soft bumps there...