PDA

View Full Version : need soem help with my truck.. bad

woodsracer144
12-16-2008, 07:55 PM
ok so there was a kid at my school with a 84 ford ranger and there was 85 V6 motor in it, its a 4 spped with over drive, 4x4 with a 7 foot box, reg cab, but any way, theres like 75K on the chassie, not sure of the motor or trans... but i was gonnachangethe oil on it tonight, i rolled underneath to find the oil filter and there was alot of oil of some sort all over under there, it was behind the front left control arm i think is what its called but there is a plate and then a aluminum 1/4 in thing like piece that has a hole wore through and it is about 3 inches long,
i've onwed it for about a week now and have mabie 100 miles on it sice i got it... so what would be wrong with it, the clutch is almost all the way out befor i even get any feel on it.... and i only noticed that the clucth was not that good feeling because i drove a buddys truck.... so what do i do... i live in a town of like 1500 people at the most and i thought in a small town people would be really honest, i asked if there was anything els wrong with it and they said no, so i dont know what to do, im really pissed to say the least, and it sound like they didnt really care about it and they said they didnt know about it, but the body lang that im getting from them they just wanna get away and are afraid about me becasue they found out what i do now for a job... i work in a mechanical shop,

thanks

its in the left side if your sittin in the truck and its not the Tcase...

KXRida
12-17-2008, 04:17 AM
Take a picture because you have me completely lost. Control arm meaning the radius arm or the the front traction beam?

Most rangers' clutches don't engage until the very end of the pedal. If you are going to do a clutch swap, pay a little extra and get a 4.0L clutch, flywheel, and starter. It all fits and it's a lot stronger. You need the flywheel and starter for the 4.0 clutch. The starter does require the switching of a few wires, but nothing terrible.

woodsracer144
12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
ok i will take a pic, but for some reason there is a plate that they put on it when put a V6 in it, i dont know if they changed the trans when they changed the motor out...
it is between the motor and trans, i thought it was a direct bolt up... but i geuss not... i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it up...

KXRida
12-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think the 4 cyl and 6 cyl tranny's are interchangeable. I do know that there is a transmission crossmember there along with a transfercase skid plate. Atleast there should be.