PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Utensils

honda400exrider
12-16-2002, 07:14 PM
What do you use to clean your quad up with after a muddy ride? I hose down the loose mud that I can and then get the rest off with a sponge, but this method doesnt seem very effective. What can I use other that a power washer to really get it squeky clean? dan

Woodsrider
12-16-2002, 08:56 PM
I use a garden hose with a nozzle, a rag, and a toilet brush. Yep a toilet brush, works great. Oh and lots of Castrol Superclean. Also before you ride when it is muddy spray it down with something slick. I use tire dressing, others use Pam cooking spray, some like WD-40.

ridesa02400EX
12-16-2002, 09:05 PM
didnt mean to do this so i had to go back in and edit it

ridesa02400EX
12-16-2002, 09:07 PM
pressure washer and some simple green and a little bit of mothers aluminum polishto give it a real shine and turtle wax spray or STP son of a gun for the plastic and also a tooth brush for those hard to reach spaces

eldoexrider01
12-17-2002, 09:20 PM
yeah i use the power washer. if u got a quad wit alota aluminum (except for some like coated alumiunum (sp) wheels) then the superclean isnt a good idea. stuff like bumpers pipes oil tanks or any dress up goodies. i found out the hard way with discolored streaks on my new eseries. i only use the super clean on the tires themselves and be very careful wit it too.

phatswinn
12-18-2002, 06:43 PM
power washer definetly works great, i go through my quad and check everything like once a month just to check and make sure no bearings are fry, greased lightning works wonders on wheels