PDA

View Full Version : This added to rules??

bowtiedmax
12-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Just because I know how things work!! I am a little worried about them adding this line to the rules: [but not removed from the OEM frame]. This could get us on little stuff we grind off are frames before a powder coating. Like little wire holding tabs, misc. tabs and anyother stuff that you usally take off for a nice clean appearance.
I know I could live without doing this, but it could get someone that doesnt read the rules real close.
Does anyone know what brought this on??

3. Production Rule: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points. Material may be added for strength but not removed from the OEM frame. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements, and aftermarket A-arms, swing-arms and suspension are permitted. No engine displacement reduction permitted.

CAIN730
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Beleive it or not, in the past people have actually turned bikes into swiss cheese in an attempt to lighten them. I think that rule is to avoid that for safety reasons. I dont think anyone would get you on a wire bracket.

Except maybe a cobra owner that you beat a few times.:D

Logan #34's Dad
12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
If there is someone out there that is that ANAL then he will not have many friends and as we all know we depend on each other quite a bit when your hundreds of miles from home. But I do hear what your saying, If your the big dog then everyone wants a bite at you. If your running 5th you could do about anything. LOL