PDA

View Full Version : MXR 450 parts

JDMThoughts
12-15-2008, 11:35 PM
This might be a dumb question, my friend is looking at getting a new 450, and after showing him this bike he has it as either this or the new YFZ. We however couldn't really find too much as in upgrades, I do understand it comes with the KTM powerplant, Fox shocks, razrs. Is there a reason there is little aftermarket for this bike? I have only came up with one exhaust from FMF. Other than that we haven't seen anything else. Is there some specialty companies that only cater to the Polaris community, I haven't seen anything on the sparks, dasa, rossier, HMF site for parts for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching 450 mxr performance on the site, but anything less than 4 letter won't come up so I am not sure how to word this so I get results for the 450, and not the other outlaws that are different.

outlawjeff
12-16-2008, 05:59 AM
rath racing has nerfs with monter pegs, i have them on my 525 and love them. they also front racing hubs and some other stuff. if you are looking for and exaust you should go to CT Racing. i have this exaust and love it,woke the thing really up. they also do great work with the ktm motors. so this should be a start for you. You can also find extended a-rms for them now. plenty of aftermarket suspension for them as well. you should also get a jd jet kit. You have no idea how lean it is from the factory JD Jet kit is the best for your money.

hope this helps.

here are some links for you

www.rathracing.com

www.ctracing.com

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=72&cat=0&page=1&featured

montycarlo
12-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Bumpers, wheels, skids plates etc are available for it also. And I have a IMS tank for mine too.

SSJEFF
12-16-2008, 11:25 PM
tell us what you are looking for and we will tellyou were to get it.

I have 2 fully dressed race ready outlaws, the parts are out there. Most companies just do not list them.