PDA

View Full Version : new pipe and other stuff

MOUSE
12-16-2002, 06:02 PM
just got through getting my new tc pipe and k&n filter the outerware and rejet done. all things considered it really helped to open her up and let her breath. It revs quicker and it seems to have helped it all through the rpms with more on th bottom and middle of the range. I think i may still be a little lean even with the 160 main, it wants to pop just a little on decleration from wot. and before i never hit the rev limiter but now first time out i hit it once so i must be right on the quicker reving of the motor. also removed the choke and went up on the pilot to a 42. starts right up after 2 pumps of the throttle. anyone considering this i would def. suggest it, the stock filter and exhaust is chocking the engine to death and you can really tell a difference when she can breath. but if you are gonna trail ride or anything like that where you will be around people dont get this pipe because it will just cause you problems (quiet it is not). hope this little review helps, if anyone wants i can give a more detailed install of the pipe and all. there are already good reviews of installing filters and jets.

stupid driver
12-16-2002, 06:37 PM
ya, i notice that my sparks pipe is loud, but it sounds good. im not sure, but u might adjust your mixture screw if it is popping on deceleration.

Dave400ex
12-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Do you have any other Engine mods besides the TC Pipe, K&N, and Re-Jet? If not put in a 152 Main, Stock Needle Position, Stock Pilot, and 3 1/2 turns on the Mixture Screw. That is what TC told me. You may want to just call Tom and ask him. He will know what you need.

MOUSE
12-17-2002, 06:44 AM
yeah i might call him later on about it, if i cant get it tuned in. i removed my choke so i put in a 42 pilot and it starts up fine. im going ti mess with the air fuel screw just a little because its popping just a little on decleration. i have yet to really run it good i didnt want to upset the community to bad :blah

Dave400ex
12-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Yeah your neighbors will love you like mine love me don't worry about it. ;)