PDA

View Full Version : New Racing Quad Advice

willb
12-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello Gang,

I am looking for a recommendation on the best 50cc quad to buy for the 4-6 year old class. ATVA regs state that the 4 old class can only have 4 inch's of suspension travel.

I 'm torn between purchasing a DRR or Cobra for my 7 yr old Daughter.

Money is not a issue. Just want to hae the best for both that will last.

Riding will be the District 11 Hares and Maaybe some CRA events plus riding at the farm and the club.

Thanks Guys

hotquads1
12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
DRR is the only legal choice for 4" travel, Cobra and apex do not qualify for those rules . DRR is very dependable and a quiet worthy racer for a 4-6 year old , right out of the box. my 7 year old just move up out of that class and my 4 year old is moving in.
good luck ,
marc

willb
12-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Thats is what I have found. I emailed DRR to see if they have a dealer closer to me in Central Ohio and have not heard from them.

For a starter for the 7 year old what would you go with? She is not a dainty girl, not fat, just tall and strong.

I see that they have a DRX what is the difference there?

airmobile101
12-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Get the DRX50, as for them responding to email,good luck with that. Your better off calling.

hotquads1
12-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
DRR is the only legal choice for 4" travel, Cobra and apex do not qualify for those rules . DRR is very dependable and a quiet worthy racer for a 4-6 year old , right out of the box. my 7 year old just move up out of that class and my 4 year old is moving in.
good luck ,
marc
since you mentioned ATVA rules I assume you will be needing her bike legal for ATVa sponsored events, this would make the 70cc cvt a good choice, she should be able to run from 6-11 years old and pass it down to little brother. DRR and Apex have a good 70cc model, but for simplicity you might as well get both DRR"S.
marc

SMS
12-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi I just read your post and just wanted to let you know that we are here in 8303 cleveland rd Wooster, Ohio 44691 866-345-5443 We are a local DRR dealer and performance shop. We also have a in house Dyno Jet to tune yor quad. Please give us a call or email and I would be glad to help.
330-345-5443 local
866-345-5443 toll free
Thank You
Shawn

SMS
12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Sorry also here is our web site www.snydermotorsports.net and you can also click the sms banner on the top of the this page. We advertise here on this site as well. I feel the DRR would be the best choice for your 7 year old daughter and the only quad that could be riden at the farm or club. The legal quad to run in the 4-6 year old class is the DRR 50 atv. What ever you decide we can help you for race, woods or play. Just let me know how we could help?

guy310
12-16-2008, 09:07 AM
However, used cobras are twice the price of a new DRR and the cobra is not by any stretch of the imagination a good choice for riding around the farm.

srwils08
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
i have had both and the apex is by far the best it is not as fast as the cobra but less than half the price and will blow away a drr

guy310
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Read his post dum-dum.

"I am looking for a recommendation on the best 50cc quad to buy for the 4-6 year old class. ATVA regs state that the 4 old class can only have 4 inch's of suspension travel.

I 'm torn between purchasing a DRR or Cobra for my 7 yr old Daughter.

Money is not a issue. Just want to hae the best for both that will last.

Riding will be the District 11 Hares and Maaybe some CRA events plus riding at the farm and the club.

Thanks Guys"

The best for both that will last is what the man said. Now I may not know everything there is to know about racing because I haven't been racing since the dawn of man but I can surely read.

dirttrack86
12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
For his circumstances, the DRR is the only one that is legal. Period. And it is also the only one that can be trail ridden. :)

Nichols Atvs
12-16-2008, 08:16 PM
(1) "I am looking for a recommendation on the best 50cc quad to buy for the 4-6 year old class. ATVA regs state that the 4 old class can only have 4 inch's of suspension travel.

Answer: ( DRR )
Apex and cobra have more tham 4 inchs of travel
not legal for your rules.

(2) I 'm torn between purchasing a DRR or Cobra for my 7 yr old Daughter.

Answer: You need to check the rules and buy accordingly She my not be able to run the cobra and it (could ) be to much machine. Having all the money in the world does not matter if the quad is to much for her. I can say i would not put a new rider on a cobra with out a years worth or more of racing under their belt I believe none of these guys on here would ! Get them on a machine and work them up in cc when they are asking for more and can handle it . REMEMBER ITS ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN WITH YOUR KIDS AND SAFTY FIRST. Good luck in your search .

dirttrack86
12-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Oops, that's right. DRR changed their shock last year, so looks like none of them are legal for that class.:eek2:

Nichols Atvs
12-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I believe stock shock travel on the DRR is not even 4 its just under . It will work.

willb
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys,

I am no dummy to machines or racing but these litle guys are all new to me.
I think the cobras are out of question as I read on the gncc updates that they may allow hybrids next year to run with them.

I am leaning towards the drr's. The no money issue- I hate buying things that I will want to replace in 6 months. I want a machine that I/them can grow with

It is good to know that I can upgrade/increase the engine on the 50 as the little guy grows.

Alexa is fear less but I dont want her to get scared by too much machine.

So really it is down to a drr 70 and the 50. What is the difference between the drx and drr?

Nichols Atvs
12-16-2008, 09:12 PM
There is a single a-arm that is The DRR DRX . The dual A-arms is The DRR DRX2. the frames are all the same with the exception being the 50 comes with a 41 in front end the 70 and 90 are 44 .not aproblem because when it comes time just buy the new front arms to make it 44 . Good luck .