PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara vs. Croom vs. Ocala

Pipeless416
12-15-2008, 11:16 AM
hey everybody, my dad just found out that he gets a week off over break and since gas is so cheap we decided to go on a far trip. last year we went to little sahara, OK and it was amazing to say the least. we went the week before new years, so it was a little chilly, but nothing like chicago or wisconsin weather during the winter. my brother and i would like to go back there, and my dad brought up croom or ocala in florida. from the pictures ive found, it looks a lot like wisconsin.. same old... has anybody been to both? it is about 14-15 hours to LS and about 18 to ocala. it would be nice to have the little bit warmer weather, but i don't want to drive 18 hours just to have more trails like the ones we ride all the time in wisconsin. any thoughts?

scuzz
12-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I wasn't too impressed with Little Sahara in OK.

I won't go back. Kermit, TX will be the next dune trip for me prolly.

Pipeless416
12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
thats 21 hours from home.. ouch.. :ermm:

scuzz
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
What about this place for you?

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html

Pipeless416
12-15-2008, 12:13 PM
good for a summer trip.. i'd imagine that its under a foot of snow right about now though. we're looking to go either southwest or southeast. basically somewhere where it isn't ridiculously cold. my brother and i loved ls, but my dad likes trails more.

scuzz
12-15-2008, 12:28 PM
If you're not looking for sand, but an awesome place to ride check out.

http://www.windrockatv.com/

powermadd400ex
12-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
If you're not looking for sand, but an awesome place to ride check out.

http://www.windrockatv.com/

windrock is freakin crazy, theres so much land, great place to ride.

scuzz
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, it was one of my all-time favorite places to ride.

Pipeless416
12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
hmm we've thought about going there before. ten hours would be a nice drive instead of 15 also.. is it going to be all mud this time of year?

smr
12-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I love LS. We go out there once a year. People are great and the dunes are nice.

You might want to try Turkey bay. It's about an hour from Paducah Ky and rarely do we get snow.

www.lbl.org

miller821
12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Cloud Nine? I've heard good of 'em.

http://www.cloud9ranchclub.com/atv-riding.html

12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Dont know the temp at little sahara but its 83 out. I'm 20-25 minutes from Croom and a hour and a half from Ocala

smr
12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I just talked to a buddy of mine that lives close to LS and he said it's about 20 degress out there today.

brian76708
12-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
What about this place for you?

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html

its closed for another 106 days :( its pretty good but its the only sand dunes ive rode and honestly its not that big but still a lot of fun.

gcart2
12-15-2008, 05:51 PM
crooms isnt all that impressive. nice for training. wouldn't drive over two hours for it.

12-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
crooms isnt all that impressive. nice for training. wouldn't drive over two hours for it.

croom is an experience its different and you see a lot of floridas different terrains in 1 place. it has something for everyone really. only complaint would be sometimes there can be an annoying amount of whoops. In the pit its fun to haul across them but in trails wiht turns and stuff not so great. aftermarket suspension i wouldnt complain 1 bit. The thing I like about Croom is how many pros have been there and go there every year. To see such big stars riding there its neat. Just huge rigs so big they have to park outside in a field and walk the bike or quads into the place. I saw the whole facotry team suzuki rig next to the nitro circus rig and pastrana drove his truck in. But the factory suzuki rig wow its a house lol. A lot of pro riders will come to test out new rides or suspension. John Natalie when he switched to Elka came to Croom to get them dialed in and test them out

hypersnyper6947
12-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
croom is an experience its different and you see a lot of floridas different terrains in 1 place. it has something for everyone really. only complaint would be sometimes there can be an annoying amount of whoops. In the pit its fun to haul across them but in trails wiht turns and stuff not so great. aftermarket suspension i wouldnt complain 1 bit. The thing I like about Croom is how many pros have been there and go there every year. To see such big stars riding there its neat. Just huge rigs so big they have to park outside in a field and walk the bike or quads into the place. I saw the whole facotry team suzuki rig next to the nitro circus rig and pastrana drove his truck in. But the factory suzuki rig wow its a house lol. A lot of pro riders will come to test out new rides or suspension. John Natalie when he switched to Elka came to Croom to get them dialed in and test them out

Def. right about the woops they do get annoying, but they are a hell of a work out too, which can be great for training. I have a great time at croom. I wish there was a track there too thats all.