PDA

View Full Version : My Brute's first ride

mudatv
12-15-2008, 02:38 AM
I thought I'd share my experience trail riding this past Sunday and all I can say is OMG!!! Going from a Wolverine 350, that I bored out to 386cc, to a 650i Brute Force was an awesome experiance...

I put on 20 miles and since it was in the 40's the trail condition was extremely muddy, but that didn't slow us down any. In fact, it seemed as if the Brute was thriving in the mud and was seeking out more. As far as rider protection, something that the Wolverine lacked, I was pleasantly surprised to find once I returned to the truck, that I was not covered in mud. Normally after ridding on muddy trails, I would have to strip down and change before going home, so this was a nice change.

I am still at awe with how the Brute Force handled the trail. This being my first IRS quad, I had heard people complain about the body roll and how going up hills the front end felt light. Well, I didn't have any of those problems and maybe because I'm use to pushing the Wolverine to it's limit and have learned to ride with "body English". But, I was extremely impressed with how the machine didn't beat me up compared to the Wolverine. In fact, there was a stretch of trail that went through a field and I was able to comfortably go 35 mph on it without feeling like I had to hold on for dear life. The Brute also seemed to love climbing hills. There is one particular hill that is long and bumpy that would thrash me around on the Wolverine, but today, the Brute just effortlessly clawed right up and begged for more once at the top.

As for the power...Well, there is really no comparison between the Wolverine and the Brute and I don't think that I have seem it's limit yet. I decided to open it up on a straight gravel road with slight incline and going up hill, the Brute reached 54 mph before I backed off, even though it was still gaining speed. Ya, I chickened out on finding it's top speed, but I'll reach that another day...LOL

All in all, I am very, VERY impressed with this quad and never thought that riding ATVs could be this much fun. I had loads of fun on the Wolverine, but this is way better!