PDA

View Full Version : More pro riders.

JAKELTR450
12-14-2008, 11:45 PM
i just READ that the itp quadcross just got another rider. dunkelberger on a yamaha.

so now it will be:
nelson: yamaha
dunkelberger: yamaha
hunter miller: honda?
warnia: can-am
frederick: can-am
baker: can-am
plus the itp regular pros.
i also know of an itp pro who will be on a ktm also. don't want to mention his name.

looks like the competition is getting better. nelson will have some tough competition. i think he will still win. but i think warnia and dunk will definitly be a challenge.

i also saw byrd at the last two itp races, but he didn't race.

the economy is definitly helping the pro class at itp to get better competition.

hopefully in the future they can run an east coast series and west coast series, and then have like the last four races, combined for pros. 2 on the west and two on the east. both west races a week apart and a month later the two east races a week apart. i think that would be good.

400grl
12-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Byrd was in AZ a few weeks ago, too - out at a local track with the Coopers, I think? Wonder why he's been hanging around the West coast so much lately?? (Prob'ly cuz it's WARM out here!)

The more GNC Pro's the better - I love the fact that the Quadcross series is getting the recognition it deserves as a solid series with some real talent!! Can't wait till 2009 - should be a great year for the Quadcross! And if the economy is to blame for getting some GNC crossover talent, then there is a silver lining!! :)

daddio
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I talked to Joe at Competitive edge and he said he was out west to do a bunch of classes in So. ca. and AZ. and to enjoy some dune riding with his new toy.

race proven
03-15-2009, 12:18 AM
WOW you see the results from the ITP races looks like can-am had a good showing.

GWTT
09-30-2009, 07:43 PM
warnia is leaving quadcross. I wish ITP series would figure out what it needs to do to get the big boys out here. I think its just cause the tracks are better out there? Nelson could run with them easliy but his family is here.

400grl
10-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm bummed to see Warnia go, too - he's a nice kid and an amazing rider.....but I think it was more of a move by CanAm to have the whole team in one series than anything.

Hopefully with the OEMs backing out, we will get some East Coast Pros out to quadcross - I hear it's cheaper to run the Quadcross Series...

GWTT
10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
it is cheaper because travel is much smaller. If it were me honestly I would want to go back east too. look at the venues they get to ride. Its dull racing the same track multiple times. Glen helen is fun once a season. not 3 or 4 times. I signed up with WORCS to travel and truely see how my performance is match with other folks on the west coast. I would love to do what Jarrod McClure gets to do, WORCS and GNCC. Quads are Hindered here out on the west coast while the east coast accepts them with open arms. the two wheel folks have ruined it for us. Competitive edge was an awesome venue for quads and ITP quadcross. they dont allow them at all now.

JAKELTR450
10-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by GWTT
it is cheaper because travel is much smaller. If it were me honestly I would want to go back east too. look at the venues they get to ride. Its dull racing the same track multiple times. Glen helen is fun once a season. not 3 or 4 times. I signed up with WORCS to travel and truely see how my performance is match with other folks on the west coast. I would love to do what Jarrod McClure gets to do, WORCS and GNCC. Quads are Hindered here out on the west coast while the east coast accepts them with open arms. the two wheel folks have ruined it for us. Competitive edge was an awesome venue for quads and ITP quadcross. they dont allow them at all now.
When comp edge had their quad track and open practice on friday i was the only one there. the quad community didn't step up and ride thats why they closed that place. comp edge might be on the schedule next year. they took it off this season because they had to make room for cahuilla. it is now owned by the owner of motoworks, who may be a title sponsor next year for the quadcross.

i do agree with glen helen being repetitive though, maybe perris will let us race there.

daddio
10-09-2009, 07:04 AM
The race at Comp edge was moved, because the city has purchased the land and they are going to use the land for something else. They are allowing the place to continue to operate as an mx park until then,

Lori couldn't get a gaurentee that they would still be open in oct. so rather then try to scramble for a place at the last minute, she just moved it while people still had time to change their plans.