PDA

View Full Version : Qicksilver Carb?????

frogburner
12-16-2002, 05:01 PM
I hope there are good things said about the Quicksilver Carb, Cause I just ordered one up today along with a 11:1 Wiseco Piston... I Now All I really need to decide is on what kinda of Pipes and Top-end Gaskets to get..

JustRace
12-16-2002, 05:12 PM
So are you even asking any questions? If you want to know what has been said about the edelbrock carb just search for it, i've made quite a few comments on mine.

frogburner
12-16-2002, 05:13 PM
Mine will be in Thursday.. Easy to work with?? Does it have a choke?? Did it have improved throttle response??

stupid driver
12-16-2002, 06:34 PM
choke.....no
easy to work w/..... yes, you dont have any jets. it will be a pain to install from what i hear, you have to cut the snorkel some, and if you use the thumb throttle, you have to grind out the throttle housing to get WOT. the carb will help you with throttle response, and from what i hear it will help bottom end quite a bit. I chose the fcr, but there shouldnt be a big diff between the 2 carbs. hope this helps

JustRace
12-16-2002, 08:18 PM
YES, there is a choke but only its called an enrichener. Its on the right side of the carb. The throttle response is awesome. Yes part of the snorkal has to be cut but its simple. The carb is very stiff and I love it with the twist throttle.

Where did you hear there was no choke?

JustRace
12-16-2002, 08:21 PM
It was easy to work on. I have mine 7 clicks from full rich. With the stock carb I had to charge my battery and use choke to get it to start when it was below 40 degrees. Now with the edelbrock it starts in any temperature and I don't even have to use the choke. One thing is that you can also adjust the accelerator pump.

frogburner
12-16-2002, 08:22 PM

JustRace
12-16-2002, 08:47 PM
I didn't install mine, I had it installed along with my 440. When looking through the instructions it is step by step.

PHIL_B54
01-02-2003, 05:19 PM
i just got one off ebay , the guy says there's no books or anything with it, does anyone have the book they can copy or fax

is there anything else i will be missing?

thanks

frogburner
01-02-2003, 07:36 PM
I can round mine up and mail it to ya,, I'll make a copy of it,,, just PM me ...