PDA

View Full Version : Help!help!please!!!

1socal450
12-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I changed my handlebars,now im not getting anything out of the start button.I checked all connections,the battery is strong,the fuses are good.The thing is not cranking or nothing.All lights are working,I can hear the EFI setting,push the button and not a sound?Im supposed to go riding this week!!!!Please help,thanks in advance!!!

QUADSQUAD7
12-14-2008, 02:54 PM
You starter is probably going bad. Or you silinoid is bad. You can jump the silinoid from post to post and it will tell you if it is bad.

miller821
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Wiggle this relay around and see if it helps...

Taken from the HQ:

I went out this weekend for my second ride. After my first break -- tried to start -- NOTHING.
Battery power - yes -- BUT No starter turning. I checked the fuse... thought about the roll-over switch.

I found my problem. The relay on the clutch perch was loose -- doesn't seem to be making a good connection. It is used to keep the starter from engaging without the clutch lever pulled in. I am going to remove mine. If you trace the wire back down to just in front of the handlebar mount, there is a clip/plug.
I am going to cut just below - splice the wires togehter -- eliminating the need for a relay.

1socal450
12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks man!Im going to try that,its got to be something small like that because it was fine before the handlebar swap.Thanks

1socal450
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
That was it! Dam safety feature put me in panic mode,thanks again....Thats why I love these forums.

miller821
12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Not a problem... Have fun riding this week.;)

scuzz
12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
+2 cool points for "ride hard man"

GJ

KingpinsEx
12-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man

If you trace the wire back down to just in front of the handlebar mount, there is a clip/plug.
I am going to cut just below - splice the wires togehter -- eliminating the need for a relay.

Yea same thing happened to me it sucked. I was out riding in the dunes, hit a big jump and that clip/plug came out and when I stopped the quad I was stranded out in the dunes. Even worse I had to be towed back by a yamaha! Tore all the plastic off back at the truck, checked out my connections, fuses, battery, was completly stummped. Finally ended up tracing the cables back from the start switch and there hidden behind the handlebar plastic center piece that clip was unplugged. I was so relieved, yet upset that something so simple caused such problems.