PDA

View Full Version : Barnett dirt diggers

Chukkinsod
12-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Question for all the 440's out there, have you had issues with barnett clutches? I've went through 3 sets in less 2 years. Found that I have to constantly adjust the cable. Also I cannot find neutral. I actually have to give it a little throttle to get it to disengage.Clutches not slipping, leaves hard, bsket new, new HD springs. I have a brand new set of OEM Honda steels/fibers still in the box. Gonna try them and see if I can get a little more life out of them. Any suggestions or similar problems, please let me know I'm not going crazy!:D

NacsMXer
12-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I know Barnett clutches aren't bad, but personally I run nothing but OEM Honda. Nothing seems to last as long. I would go ahead and put the OEM plates in if it was me. Also have you tried replacing your clutch cable? Maybe it is stretched, just a possibility.

duffman1483
12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I ran stock steels and fibers for years, then when it came time to rebuild my motor I tried barnett and some other crummy brand (can't remember which one, probably tusk I think) and nothing ever could last as long as the stockers. Right now I run the 8 plate clutch kit from sparks and it has been great in the 60 hours I have had it in. Good solid pull/feel, never had an issue even after flogging it on the trails in mid-summer weather. Another plus of the kit was it was the same price as a stock set from my local dealer!

Chukkinsod
12-15-2008, 04:11 AM
ok great im not losin it! I noticed the same thing.......stockers held up way longer. All by buddies said wait till you put the barnetts in. THen I took it to Silver Lake and ended up burnin em up on test hill....embarassing....had to change em out in the parking lot.I got a deal on stockers from K&K ATV good prices.