PDA

View Full Version : Hotcam and Cherrybomb

FoxMxRiders
12-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I have a 08 Ltr and I want to add the hotcam intake cam and I want to know if the cherry bomb will be enough or I need a powercommander.

The probleme is Im low in money because I add Fox Suspension too and with my car and other payment ... you know

Here my motor mod : Open air box,Removed spark arrestor and Cherrybomb

The power commander will be essential I know but I don't have $400 (can) for this.

Thanks

LTRracer4
12-14-2008, 09:41 AM
you should be fine. I doubt you will notice much different with just the cam. Once you combine a cam, exhaust, piston and some porting is when you will get your real results. I had a Powercamander and it ended up breaking on me so it doesnt work anymore. i have a national motor running on a cherry bomb and i have no complaints what so ever. my mech is baffled. haha

leasureryan
12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't trust a CherryBomb to be doing my fuel tuning....you need a PCiii bro....just save up, don't get in a hurry. Why risk it?

LTRracer4
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
whats to risk? i can tell if my bike is running lean or rich. it runs great.

leasureryan
12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
So you know what your air/fuel mixture is at every RPM...just by "you can tell"?......k

LTRracer4
12-15-2008, 10:09 PM
well considering i have a season on it, and it hasnt blown up, faltered, or over heated i think ill wait untill i have the money to get a working one.

FoxMxRiders
12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I was talking to a guy on another forum,he made some test and with the cherrybomb and a hotcam,the leanest points of the powerband was 14.5,that's not critical because of the stoichiometric ratio of 14.7.

pitcrew
12-16-2008, 05:33 PM
hey im new to the efi.....what does those numbers mean. i have a 07 with a dasa pipe and a cherry bomb and i was thinkin about a power comander or one of the few i have heard things about. if i put one one how do i know if its right. someone told me of a controller that install on ur bike put a little sensor in ur muffler then take it off and hook it up to ur computer and it tells u exactly where to put the setting??? r allk of them that easy to use. i cant think of the brand of the one that is like that but it sounds reall easy

2005-400ex
02-27-2009, 02:32 PM
i have a 06, and i did the je 12.8 piston and a hot cam with the cherry bomb because i read it would be alright, mistake, it seemed to run okay but would not idle at all, your best bet is the powercommander and you can always use it later one for more upgrades. its very easy to work with and there are maps for pretty much everything.

Warnerade
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
well considering i have a season on it, and it hasnt blown up, faltered, or over heated i think ill wait untill i have the money to get a working one. ya that means its running perfect

FoxMxRiders
02-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh what a old thread :eek2: :p

anyway I don't touch the engine this year.I have upgraded the suspensions/a-arms and other thing on the frame section of the bike.

Next year I will do engine mods ... I have some ideas :D

Thanks to all that answer my question

quadboy-55
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
I wouldn't trust a CherryBomb to be doing my fuel tuning....you need a PCiii bro....just save up, don't get in a hurry. Why risk it?

actually i am on another forum (LT-R central) and you can get away with a hotcam intake cam a K&N filter remove the exhaust plug and airbox lid. and cut a small window in the airbox, left side sitting on the bike. this combo only costs $250.00 and brings the HP up to 51 RWHP and 32 FTLBS. (no PClll)

go on there and talk to mixxer. he knows his stuff.