PDA

View Full Version : *Snif*Snif* she wont start*snif*

250exen
12-16-2002, 03:43 PM
well you herd it, she wont start:grr
ill start from the top
about 2 weeks ago i went and opened up the carb to jet it accordling(sp?) well i ride it home from my uncles and i think it was last weekend, i went riding. we were pulling sleds from behind the quads and mine was running awsome. it even started right up w/out the choke and the first try.
well i was washing it sunday12-15-02 and i pulled it out of the grarge. washed it and i was starting it to put it away and it wouldnt start. i push it into the gearge and let it sit(it was cold outside and warmer{not much} in the grarge.) i go later to try and start it and it still wouldnt start. heack today i even put a new spark plug in it and it still wont work. ha get thisi come home from school today and i see a plug sitting on my quad. my dad was at work and my mom probably dosnt know what one is. well i go into my house and sak my mom where it was from. she had no clue. so my dad comes home and i ask him he dosnt know.(well says he dosnt) it kinda freaks me out cuse they are the only poeple to know it dont work:huh

so here is my question(s)
1)do you think taking the carb out was the problem
2) ya my airfilter is nasty, is that a problem?(yes im ordering a kand n soon
3) WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY?????????

thanks for reading and sorry for the long post

tj

phatswinn
12-16-2002, 04:09 PM
clean the filter
check the jets again, they may have come loose whine riding and fell out, try pumping the trottle a few times before starting it, check the spark
hope it helps good luck

99'300EX
12-16-2002, 04:42 PM
might be the air filter...it might not be gettin any air, SUFFICATING

Dudefire607
12-16-2002, 04:45 PM
You washed it and it wouldn't start? Maybe you got water where it isn't supposed to be? Just a thought.

DF...

Doibugu2
12-16-2002, 04:47 PM
What's it doing?

Is it just cranking, and wont turn over?
Does it not do anything when you hit the starter?

You have give people an insight into the problem, in order for someone to help you fix it.

DaveEX7
12-16-2002, 04:48 PM
DITTO!! i had the same problem.... rite after i washed it, she wouldnt start, my filter is so clean u can eat off it(dont try it), so i waited a while and tryed starting it later(the next day in the evening) then she started

i figured out that i didnt let it sit long enough after riden so when i washed it a hugh puff of smoke came up, so juss wait till it totally dries off and then try... mite work, mite not.... it worked for me

250exen
12-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
What's it doing?

Is it just cranking, and wont turn over?
Does it not do anything when you hit the starter?

You have give people an insight into the problem, in order for someone to help you fix it.

sorry, it will crank but it wont turn over. ya i probably will have to clean my airfilter too

worm
12-16-2002, 08:25 PM
it will crank but wont turn over????? lol .... pull the plug and ground the threaded part and crank the quad over HOLDING on to the spark plug and see if the quad is firing

JOEX
12-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by worm
...crank the quad over HOLDING on to the spark plug and see if the quad is firing

LMAO:macho

Joe