PDA

View Full Version : need info

hondaman146
12-13-2008, 01:19 PM
went out riding the other day and i was climbing a hill and i got all the way to the top and it shifted into neutral i was in 2nd, it ended up rolling down the hill and bending my new pipe also, but anyways now it will not stay in 2nd gear, its fine if you go slow but if you stab the throttle in 2nd it will pop out and go to neutral or 1st, and even if you ease into the throttle and start to get into the rps to much it will pop out any ideas what it could be>

Ntensweapon
12-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Bent shift fork and possibly a few gears may have the dogs layed over. I had to rebuild mine. It was doing the same thing except it was third. You'll be splitting cases. Not cheap unless you can do it yourself. I changed anything that was questionable and changed all the corresponding gears to those.
I also decided to do a fresh up since it was tore down. Heavy duty head studs,new valves, 5 angle valve grind, more port and polish,new rings, new oil pump.

12-13-2008, 04:57 PM
just a simple question. Do you always use the clutch when you shift?

Ntensweapon
12-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Not sure if that was for me or not. But yes 99.9% of the time i use the clutch. I have on a few occasions shifted without it in the parking lot while taking goggles etc off. I was told bent shift forks happen alot from landing on the shifter. But i've maybe done that twice. The one time i actually just downshifted on accident. It was in the middle of a six pack. I knew i did, didn't have enough speed to clear the last set. So I locked it down.

Stuff just wears out.

hondaman146
12-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I always use the clutch except when riding wheelies, i shift through 1st to 4th without the clutch but when i'm riding regulary i always use the clutch