PDA

View Full Version : who do I call honda dealer SUCKS

3racers
12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Just got back from honda dealer had my bike for 4 months still not fixed say they don't know whats wrong 410$valve job done wrong first time oh its not that you need new piston o.k.put new piston still not fixed so Itook bike home , now what would you do?Anybody know phone #to honda?:mad:

WilRideAnything
12-13-2008, 10:33 AM
866-784-1870

Good luck there customer service sucks.

TRX450RACER174
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
What is wrong with it?

3racers
12-13-2008, 10:44 AM
well it ran good but my son races in harescrambles with deadstarts it just woulden't start right sometimes 1 kick othertime 20 kicks I took to shop wanted them to check stator maybe weak spark but they havent checked now they say stator or fuel censor but havent touched in last 4 weeks it does run but won't fire up right 05 450r

TRX450RACER174
12-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Sound like the decompressor isnt set correct, Check the decomp and adj it and i bet all your problems will be solved.

WilRideAnything
12-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 3racers
well it ran good but my son races in harescrambles with deadstarts it just woulden't start right sometimes 1 kick othertime 20 kicks I took to shop wanted them to check stator maybe weak spark but they havent checked now they say stator or fuel censor but havent touched in last 4 weeks it does run but won't fire up right 05 450r

What's a fuel sensor?

Rich250RRacer
12-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Valve clearance and the decompressor setting are the biggest problems with starting on the 450R's. Another problem I've found is the clutch basket. If it's grooved, the plates will stick in those grooves, the clutch won't disengage completely which causes a slight drag on the motor when it's in gear and you're trying to start it. With a good basket and proper adjustment of the valves and decompressor in my '04, the quad starts unbelievably quick and consistant. So fast that a few guys in my class have asked why and how I got it to start so good. Now, my '07 is a totally diffent story, it start when and ONLY when it wants to. :mad:

deathman53
12-13-2008, 03:29 PM
my 450(crf motor in 250r hybrid) doesn't want to start at all if its in gear w/ clutch pulled. Yes, the basket is slightly grooved. Infact, even with a low hour motor, it still doesn't want to start in gear, it much be in nuetral. My guess is that you have an electric start 07, my friend has one, I don't like it, hard to start and doesn't seam too powerfull. A full pipe was put on it and w/ corect jetting, its starts alot better now.

WilRideAnything
12-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Mine won't start in gear either, even after I installed a new clutch basket. I also race XC with a dead engine start. I start in neutral and the put it in gear and go. I'm usually in the top 3 around the first turn.

Rich250RRacer
12-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
my 450(crf motor in 250r hybrid) doesn't want to start at all if its in gear w/ clutch pulled. Yes, the basket is slightly grooved. Infact, even with a low hour motor, it still doesn't want to start in gear, it much be in nuetral. My guess is that you have an electric start 07, my friend has one, I don't like it, hard to start and doesn't seam too powerfull. A full pipe was put on it and w/ corect jetting, its starts alot better now.

My '07 is a kicker. Very low hours too. The reason for the low hours is I don't trust it enough to race it. It's a practice and trail quad only now. I've made sure the valves are dead on and the decompressor is set properly. It's done this since new so I know the basket is not the issue here. I've played with the jetting, going off some recommendations from Laz, and it has gotten better, but not where I like it. The thing that pisses me off the most is when I have it out trail riding, it will start almost as good as the '04, but take it to a starting line and it really likes to screw with me.