PDA

View Full Version : hmf slip on instalation quiestion!!!

andiboy123
12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
hi people im new on this forum, i am from puerto rico i just got my ds 450 x
2 weeks ago i just broke my clutch basket and just got my hinson one'hope to solve the problem.
now i just got my bill ballance hmf slip on and it has some intruction to do.
fist is the pink cable mode easy to do
second they said to conect a cable from the negative cable of the injector to the negative pole of the battery
- now , does anyone know witch one is it, an for what is this?

also i got a genesis

now this chip its souposed to be conected to the air sensor on the air box and it should have 2 cables an the plug had 4
if any one have done this mod and can give me any help will be great!!!!!!!

ps in from pr sory if i wrote some thing wrong hehehehe
try to do it on spanish and u will c how hard it is

joeyds450x
12-13-2008, 04:23 AM
ive got the same pipe and i never had to do any of that. all i did was cut the pink wire and put the pipe on

andiboy123
12-13-2008, 04:54 AM
thanks but when you buy it, they send you the pictures for the intalation and it said about the cable?

bigbad400
12-13-2008, 06:58 AM
dude im sorry but if you dont know how to install a simple slip on exhaust you shoud take that ds back to can am. that pink wire is gonna void your warranty its a rev limiter, but shell run like a raped ape if you do cut it. but as far as the pipe goes slide that sum biot*h on bolt her in place and let her rip, it a fuel injected quad correct? no need to rejet. good riding.

ProspectorJim
12-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
dude im sorry but if you dont know how to install a simple slip on exhaust you shoud take that ds back to can am. that pink wire is gonna void your warranty its a rev limiter, but shell run like a raped ape if you do cut it. but as far as the pipe goes slide that sum biot*h on bolt her in place and let her rip, it a fuel injected quad correct? no need to rejet. good riding.

The pink wire is not a rev limiter. Snipping it unlocks the built in race map for the fuel injection. I do believe it voids your warranty though.

bigbad400
12-13-2008, 11:06 AM
i know for sure it voids the waranty i work for the local can am shop, track and trail, cadillac mi.

but that sound about right too, the mechanic said they run like a raped ape when you cut that i only assumed that it was a rev limiter or a throttle control of some sort. but my point is if you cant install a slip on pipe then you shouldnt be riding quads. thats like if you cant change a tire you shouldnt drive a car.

andiboy123
12-13-2008, 03:26 PM
i know for sure it voids the waranty i work for the local can am shop, track and trail, cadillac mi.

but that sound about right too, the mechanic said they run like a raped ape when you cut that i only assumed that it was a rev limiter or a throttle control of some sort. but my point is if you cant install a slip on pipe then you shouldnt be riding quads. thats like if you cant change a tire you shouldnt drive a car.

WOW!!!!! u are rigth if i dont know how to instal a slip on i shouldnt be riding n atv but if you dont know how to read you shoulnt be usin you pc,
i wasnt asking about how to put my slip on i was asking a bout a wire conection i never hear about

pipe is on, wire is cut, genesis installed and quad runnig great!!!!

and bc of people like this dude obma is going to raise help for handicaped dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE ON , CAN-AM!!!!!

ProspectorJim
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
whats a "genesis"?

WesDS450X
12-14-2008, 02:47 AM
It does not void ur warrenty!! im running pink wire mod here and my dealer is also sellin the ds's with the pink wire mod allready done to them and he said/showed me where it says it does not void ur warrenty!

joeyds450x
12-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
whats a "genesis"? its some kind of plug in power adder it prolly dosnt wrk lol but they are on ebay if you wanna check them out

joeyds450x
12-14-2008, 04:49 AM
but my point is if you cant install a slip on pipe then you shouldnt be riding quads. thats like if you cant change a tire you shouldnt drive a car. [/B][/QUOTE]

this is probably the stupidest thing ive ever heard...who cares if a person cant change a slip on exhaust, they shouldnt be made fun of for it or have anybody say something so stupid to them...i think some people on here need to keep there mouth shut somethimes and let things go

bigbad400
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
EDIT ** Keep it up with the racial stuff and you're outta here ** EDIT

Moderator - Quad18star

joeyds450x
12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
wow lets be a little more racial... who cares if you work at a dealer... i think someone has some issues that need to be worked on outside of this forum

WesDS450X
12-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Owned lol

joeyds450x
12-14-2008, 11:53 PM
EDIT ** Keep it up with the racial stuff and you're outta here ** EDIT

Moderator - Quad18star

ha! this is funny