PDA

View Full Version : NEEd HELP for making eton 50 fit a very small rider.

86trizinger
12-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Well i got a Eton viper 50 for my son for Christmas. I just went to a dealer and measured him. He almost reaches the floor boards with his tippy toes. My problem is that with the nerf bars we have on it they would have to be raised 5 inches so he can feasibly reach the pegs. ALso his hands can barely reach the brake levers.

He is very small.. at almost 5 he is only 30 lbs. At his growth rate he will not fit this ATV for 2 more years atleast. I need to figure something out. DOes anyone make any brake levers bent for smaller hands? I was planning on using some old pegs off a 300ex and welding risers on the bottom of them. Then bolt them onto the existing pegs.

Anyone has any pics of the best way to accomplish any of this? Or should I just go look for a smaller ATV for him.

Got the parts coming for rasing the foot pegs.. I need help on softening up the suspension for a 40 lb rider will full gear.

dopeyferree
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
As far as levers , try slowly heating the levers now and bend them inward a little at a time. My son was short when I started him on the Eton 50 and I left the stock floor boards on it. I took the black plastic part off , added a piece of 2"x6" lumber to the top and then bolted the plastic pegs and heel guards back on. This raised the peg height up 2 inches and worked perfectly for him. Most after market nerf bars actually lower the peg height

86trizinger
12-12-2008, 06:25 PM
The nerf bars were on it when i got it.. Fenders have been trimmer. I am not sure if ther eis any way to put the stock floor board back on. These sit 2" lower then the stock floot boards. I need to reaise the pegs up about 5 inches. Almost to the gear for the kick starter. And that will only give him an inch to clear the seat with.

kylie'spitcrew
12-12-2008, 07:35 PM
The first set or nerf bars we put on our e-ton didn't have heal guards and set a little low for her. I zip tied the stock floor boards onto the nerfs. It raised the floor boards up and protected her heals. I think I still have them if you need them. A friend of mine also used a board under his sons and it worked well. Hope this helps.

ww228king
12-12-2008, 07:52 PM
for the brake levers... look on ebay for some 2003 to 2008 KTM 65sx brake master cylinders and clutch with master cylinder.... perfect for small person and still adjustable to make smaller...Magura is the brand name...
my son didn't need them on his quad but came stock on his KTM ...but have seen a kasea run them at the tracks with a 4 year old...

JAG Motosports
12-12-2008, 07:54 PM
You could shave the seat foam and help alittle.

86trizinger
12-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I looked for the front brake for teh KTM on Ebay.. nothing right now. Bit Ill keep checking.

AS for the nerf bars.. I was checking them out and it looks like I can mount them between the frame and the engine with very little modification but its gonna be tight. If that works it will give me 2 inchs. That with the other pegs I have have bolted on top should get me close hopefully. I plan on trying this tomorrow night. As well as fabbing up some heal guards.

The seat shaving will come next.. I can easily get an inch out of the seat but that alone isnt enough.

ALso where can I get a twist throttle kit for this?

86trizinger
12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
well moving the nerf bars didnt work... Forgot about the exhaust. ANy one have a pic of how the stock floor boards mount? HE is so small I may have to opt for trading this for a LT50 .

86trizinger
12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
kylie'spitcrew I sent you a PM about the Stock foot boards.

kylie'spitcrew
12-14-2008, 12:21 PM
86trizinger pm sent

86trizinger
12-14-2008, 02:34 PM
SENT PM back. Thanks again

86trizinger
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I found some stck floorboards to help me out with the foot pegs. Handle bars were changed and trimmed down 4 inches.

Now my last concern is the suspension is way too hard for my son .. He is only 32 lbs and around 40lb with full gear.. WHat can I change cheap to get the ATV softer. It is very stiff for him.

86trizinger
12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Well i got some spacers 2.5" all the way around. Mounted wheels in backwards.. Atv is a very stable 39". I am taking the rear shock off of the Kasea 50 I have since it is softer.

Got the stock floor boards and mounts.. Will take the floor boards and reconfigure them into the nerf bars. Mounting them above the frame for extra ground clearance as well as lifting them up 4 inches.

Also narrowed the handle bars2 inches per side. SHould reach his arms perfectly.

DAVYS DAD
12-21-2008, 01:27 PM
zinger, maybe u should get a lem 50 condor. i started davy on one when he was 2.5 it weighs 123pounds and is very small,they have good motorsand can be very fast.these quads are half the size of a drr it would have been a great choice for a micro rider im sure your little guy could reach the foot pegs.
later

86trizinger
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
I couldnt find one before Christmas thats why I stuck with a Eton

DAVYS DAD
12-21-2008, 03:13 PM
i have one thats used and i know where a new one is or any other lem products also dirt bikes

later