PDA

View Full Version : ???? about Nationals

skyeryder
12-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Do the youth quads race both days Saturday and Sunday? I know it's early but I'm curious... Plus trying to plan spring break in Alabama .. We're new to this MX Nationals, I've always done GNCC, but it's all about the boy now. If anyone else has any first year suggestions we'll take them. He's gonna race the 4-6 50cc class. Hope the economy turns:ermm:

heathmxracing
12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, the youth quads race both days.

I see you are from Indiana... Where about are you guys located?? We are down south by Evansville.

bulldogfallon
12-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Heath racing knows how to go fast and attends the nationals...if they are close you should stop by..very dedicated to the sport.

skyeryder
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
we're in greencastle about 30 minutes east of terre haute

Logan #34's Dad
12-12-2008, 07:50 PM
One thing I recommend, Don't miss Friday practice. Valuable track time so your little guy knows where he is going AND you can fix or adjust the quad to that track. Make a mini vacation out of it.

12-12-2008, 08:25 PM
You are close to me Skyeryder im about 35 or 40 minutes from you. Were also going to try to hit some nationals that are close if everything goes right. I need shocks first though. It will be fun. And yes were talking about MX. we also will be running the flat track series.

hotquads1
12-13-2008, 08:32 AM
skyerider, the 4-6 class had a great bunch of parents and kids last year, I would get to know everyone and keep it fun , your best info will come from the other veterans in that class. This is the toughest class to race in reguarding the rules , so read them and double check your quad , dont hesitate to ask questions if something is not clear to you. When we went to our first national ( a while ago) we were a bit intimidated at the large scope of the event but were fortunate to meet and park beside some fellow racers that answered our questions and directed us through the weekend , you will find this type of courtesy abounds at the nationals, most are willling to loan you that tool you forgot or lend a helping hand on your cvt set-up. Good luck and we hope to see you in Alabama.
marc

skyeryder
12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
thanks for all your comments.

tgcheeseman: are you talking about the IFTA? when are they getting together to decide on classes? He's only 5 so hopefully they have a class for him this year... We did some fair flat tracks and he did really good considering.

12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
IFTA is not national but is an awsome AMA event state points championship. it sanctioned you travel all around indiana on a point system. yes they have little guys there they race 50 cc and 90 cc. its a great time hope you will be there theres a membership of 15.00 that put you in the championship it 10 to get in the gate per person and 15.00 for the little guys and 25.00 for the big guys. we run off the same rules as the ATVA.Im a board member for IFTA and its a pretty great time and when you see your kid at the finish line first 'Well I start Screaming lol. Im way into it. We welcome you to try the IFTA He will get 2 pratices 6 l;aps each to feel the track please come love to see you there Thanks Toby

guy310
12-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I just checked out the IFTA site and that looks pretty awesome. When do you think they will post the 2009 schedule? Are the kids quads and the adult quads set up pretty flat track specific? (Sway bar, tires, lowered, etc.)

12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
it depends how much your into it. we run 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile tracks. this year we will be sitting on the ground fully flat tracked. when GNCC is on there break they come and race there like Charlie Welch, Logan Merriman, Sadie Welch, Matthew Harris, Vincent Harris just a bunch of them. they raced the 1/4 mile tracks and the short track 1/8 mile . its a blast. Were going for the title again and its going to be GOOD!!!!

skyeryder
12-17-2008, 08:33 AM
If you would PM when you guys get a schedule together we'll be there, that's close and cheap enough ol' dad can get the 450 out also. Indiana needs an indoor winter series....