PDA

View Full Version : how to tell if i need a valve adjustment?

Titanium
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I can't tell if my quad just needs a valve adjustment or if my jetting if just off. up until beginning september my jetting seems to be spot on but now soon as i let off the gas i get constant back firing. i have a 175 main jet and a 45 pilot so i figure im getting plenty of fuel. last thing i can resort to is that my valves are out of spec. what do you guys think?

ohsobad_chevy
12-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Pull the gas tank and valve cover and check your clearances.....it doesn't take but a minute to check them.
If your clearances are within spec.....up your pilot to a 48 and raise the needle position one clip........and I have heard that nmotions like fat jets, so possibly up one size on your main.

winwood
12-12-2008, 09:17 PM
ya it should just be your jetting because mine pops when i let off the gas to and i had the vavles just recently checked and they were to specs

AJ's Blaster
12-14-2008, 07:32 AM
im guessing its just your jetting. if you still have the stock needle in your quad it doesnt have notches to raise it so a little trick to raise the needle is to find a small washer that will fit in and use it as a spacer to raise it. little trick i came up with and it works great. and saves a couple bucks since you dont need to buy a new needle.