PDA

View Full Version : OMF mudcaps?

python952
12-12-2008, 08:13 AM
I have a set of 8 inch omf scalloped beadlocks and i want to run mudcaps but the regular 8" ones dont fit, theyre too big. does anyone know a company that makes a mudcap for an omf beadlock? thanks guys

TRX450RACER174
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Just my opinion use a small sponge ball that will fit in there cause i dont think anyone makes a mudcap for the scalloped wheel. Or take off a ring and trace it out on some cardboard and the make some plastic ones.

ricksmx865
12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
or maybe get a set of the mud "plugs" from ebay heat them up and form them to your ring?

it may be worth a shot if not definatly trace your ring and make a set of plastic caps

Nate Dogg #76
12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I have omf "mud caps" for my omf beadlocks. They are made out of aluminum and bolts to your wheel. Three little tabs mount between the beadlock and wheel. You have to keep up with these 3 little allen head bolts and they are a pain. Dont drop one in the grass.lol The caps suck too because they are hard to put on and get off especially when you want to check your tire pressure between moto's and they are caked with dirt. I got tired of dealing with them and I dont run them anymore. I have not found a practicle solution for omf beadlock owners. I would love to see some type of plastic cap that can be removed easily. I

JJs450r
12-13-2008, 07:56 AM
the sponge worked for me when i had my itp beadlocks with the funny rings