PDA

View Full Version : 09 Apex 90 mxr

Arctic Cat Dad
12-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I've looked at a few mini's to build. Decided to get an Apex. talked to Rich from Hetrick. He's doing the build. Should be a good racer. Thought we'd try one see if we can build any HP.Michael doesn't know it's a Christmas present.

TRX450RACER174
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Very cool would like to see some finished pics.

Arctic Cat Dad
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
He's run with some in the GNCC'S. They seem to build some good power and don't to seem to break so much. In fact the one limited class girl won the overall spanking some major cobra's. In fact she got protested. Thought that was cool when they said it was bone stock!!!:mad: Stock apex's won the 90 mod and the 90 limited class championships!

TRX450RACER174
12-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Very nice i'm in California and not to many people have Apex's out here so i just like to see what everyone else has, I always get stopped and asked if that is some taiwanese or chinese quad and i have to correct them and tell them no. I would like to upgade mine when my rider gets more agressive with it.

marsrace2
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM
well as much as it pains me to admit the Apex is made in Taiwan.

Arctic Cat Dad
12-25-2008, 07:11 AM
We jumped in the truck and made the 4 hr ride to Hetrick's shop. The boy had a idea what we were up to. First all hats off to Rich and Michele, great people they always treat Michael good. They were waiting for him and he jumped on and took it for a spin. He came flying back and the look on his face was priceless!! He was shocked on how fast it was. Rich can build a mini. This mini is a ROCKET.

I can't say enough about the folks at Hetrick Racing they are just so nice. They are just so down to earth people who love what they do.

He rode for a little today. He fired it up in the yard and off he went. Now I have 2 deep ruts in the middle of my yard deep enough to plant taters in.:mad: He came back and said I'm only half throttle and this thing flys. I can't wait to pin it.

I'm very impressed with the quality of this mini. It's a very well built mini. And for the price we got everything for I very happy.
The only thing I noticed was that the rear break caliper is not protected. But we can design a cover for it. In XC racing you do get rear ended alot.

So if any1 needs good people to deal with and want a very fast mini give Hetrick a call.

gocroom
01-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I agree with you 110% about Rick and Michelle Hetrick and everone else I met there I just bought a PRO SHARK XL 90 through them I live in Florida all the mini dealers don't seem to care about the business.Rich really knows his stuff and runs a great shop were empresive shop.Saw a few builds there they were great.would recomend any one to them.

HH8
01-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Merry Christmas Michael!!!!

Tell dad dont worry about protecting rear brake caliper, wont be anyone that close to ya!!!!!!

Good luck in 09
Mark Hayes

Arctic Cat Dad
01-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the compliment. He's pumped up. I've never seen him so pumped up. He's going to the Y 3 times a week lifting weights and on a diet. He said he's going after #3 and the podium. Like his thinking.:macho

We took a couple of years off from the Nationals because he said he hated to travel and the mini's were to slow for him. He really wants a 300ex but moma said Heck no.