PDA

View Full Version : motoworks programmer questions

hotshotgoal30
12-11-2008, 07:25 PM
im going to be buying a full pipw sometime in the near future im leaning towards the motoworks. I was looking at the programmers they have for sale but im wondering what goes into installing one of these? i know they are supposed to be plug and play but do they have different settings? lets just say i have no idea about anything on fuel and air mixtures or how to even know if the machine is running to rich or lean. i definetly dont want to screw anything up so is this something even a dummy can do? or do i have to pay someone to do this? what goes into adjusting it to know that its where it needs to be for the pipe to run optimal? any help is greatly appreciated.

Mr. Big Time
12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
It is very easy to install. You just plug it in. It will come with instructions to tell you where to plug it in, and how to set the settings. It is very easy to do. I would go with motoworks if I were you. You wont go wrong with them, they are great people who stand strong behind there product.

atvlover
12-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello this is Johnny with Motoworks. The FMI comes ready to go. It takes about 3 minutes to install. The standard program will get you started without having to do anything. If you find it is not rich enough you can adjust it easily.

MX-Quad-DS
12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
I can totally agree.

It takes only some minutes to install the FMI.
The preinstalled setup is perfect for me.

The question I have is wether the FMI is water resistant by steam cleaning?

hotshotgoal30
12-12-2008, 06:22 AM
alright awesome. yeah i guess that was my main question was if i had to mess around with the settings. im more used to carb jet kits and didnt have luck with the last one i tryed to do it just never seemed to run right after the jet kit. so basically it already knows what to do once you plug it in? doesnt seem like it can much easier than that. wht if i cut holes on the airbox cover it will automatically adjust more than likely? i dont want to take the lid completly off cause i do ride in mud and alot of dust so i think just drilling some holes would be sufficent

atvlover
12-13-2008, 01:17 PM
The FMI is water resistant. I would not directly wash it. It is not water proof. On the race bikes we wrap them in a plastic ziploc bag. It keeps the water off.

Mr. Big Time
12-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Johnny I sent you a pm. Just thought I would post it here just incase you dont check your pm's very often