PDA

View Full Version : counter balancer timing?

wayfastwhitey69
12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
ok i need some replys asap my coulnter balancer bearings went and i got all the stufff to get it back together so right now i need to know how to get it all back into timing so if u could help me out at all id greatly appreciate it pics would be a huge help aswell
thanks

400exrider707
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by wayfastwhitey69
ok i need some replys asap my coulnter balancer bearings went and i got all the stufff to get it back together so right now i need to know how to get it all back into timing so if u could help me out at all id greatly appreciate it pics would be a huge help aswell
thanks

The counterbalancer weights can only go on the shafts one way... due to the woodruff key. The gears can also only go on one way on the shaft, and the two gears will have dots punched into the face so you can line the dots up, to ensure the shafts are properly aligned. Hope this helps, your question is confusing. Maybe post a pic?

KEVIN132
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
on 04-05 the left gear has two dots the single dot on balancer goes between these 2. then second gear on top of left gear dot lines up with balancer dot.

its real easy if you buy the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

wayfastwhitey69
12-12-2008, 06:56 PM
i dont have the left side apart its on the right and i can just take it and spin it so does it have to have any reference to the crank?

KEVIN132
12-13-2008, 05:52 AM
what im talking about is on the clutch side of motor.

wayfastwhitey69
12-13-2008, 07:15 PM
oh ok i thought u meant if u were sitting on the bike which would mean the clutch side would be on the right but u mean as if u were looking at it straight on?