PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bars

tntauto1127
12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
can you run flexx bars in the 50cc stock 4-6 year old class? where can I find what can and can't be changed? I am looking at the 2008 AMA rulebook, the quad section, but all it says is the max width and a couple other things. What about hand brake levers? Can you use the ones for smaller hands? I'm looking for regs concerning the Nationals. I know some local districts are mor lenient. Thanks

#404's Dad
12-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by tntauto1127
can you run flexx bars in the 50cc stock 4-6 year old class? where can I find what can and can't be changed? I am looking at the 2008 AMA rulebook, the quad section, but all it says is the max width and a couple other things. What about hand brake levers? Can you use the ones for smaller hands? I'm looking for regs concerning the Nationals. I know some local districts are mor lenient. Thanks

If it does not say you CAN change it then you CANNOT change it.

The rules clearly state what can and cannot be changed, I went through all this last year.

tntauto1127
12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
what I was looking at didn't tell me what could be changed or I couldn't find it. Here is where I was looking.
http://www.amadirectlink.com/rulebooks/AmateurRules2008.pdf

neveready
12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
6. 50cc Limited: Production models. The following may be changed: tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 99db), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed, manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed. Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. No other modifications are allowed INCLUDING carburetors, oil injection, air box, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axle, A-arm, steering dampner, shocks and suspension. However, if a violation is deemed by the referee to be cosmetic in nature, with no performance advantage or willful misconduct involved, he may issue a warning or fine in lieu of disqualification.

By the 2008 rules, you should be allowed??

tntauto1127
12-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I appreciate the info. I am looking at getting a bike that has these on but didn't want to pay the extra $ if I couldn't use them for my boy. I hear the flexx bars help with the jarring on the kids little arms. Thanks again

bulldogfallon
12-11-2008, 05:48 PM
We had them on our 50 and took them off...

Don't think their worth the bucks for a 50cc quad. IMO

The bigger the quad the more it helps

My son didn' like them at all so we took them off

If their already on the quad then I wouldn't worry about taking them off, but I usually don't sell many to the 50cc riders

tntauto1127
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
pm'd you bulldogfallon