PDA

View Full Version : upgrade? good deal?

shallow518
12-10-2008, 05:53 PM
i love my 400, no doubt about that. but i think its time to upgrade. my buddie that i race with is going to sell his 450r to me for about $5000. if i can come up with the cash. its a 05 450r with a 14:1 piston, hot cam (think stage 2), houser LT a arms with fox floats, houser stearing stem, pro taper bars, dura blue axle, jansen exhaust, blingstar bumper, pro armor nerfs. i think thats it. he is keeping the hipers and holeshots in the rear and holeshots in the front. is it a good deal? i have raced this quad and personally know it is mechanically sound and real fast.

heres a pic of it

shallow518
12-10-2008, 05:59 PM
also i want to sell my 400 and not sure what its worth. its got a new 416 kit with 11:1, stage 2 hotcam, hmf shorty exhaust(slipon), tusk nerf bars, g force axle, 450r front shocks, new handle bars on the way. custom airbox. might have forgot somethings but kinda got the point. heres a pic. its been on this site quite a few times but ill put it up anyways

dariusld
12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I would rather have a stock cheap quad then a expensive modded quad.
For the year and mostly likely rode hard that seems like too much.

mooseracerX
12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure $5,000 seems like pretty good deal. It sure looked clean and well put together. If I was you if I could come up with the money I would probably jump on it.
Are you going to be at the box on Sunday?

shallow518
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
it is a very well maintained quad, washed after every race. i just wish i knew what mines worth so i can put it up for sale. as far as the sandbox goes i aint gonna make it, me and the guy i was with are a little low on funds and i might have to work. if i could i would but no way of getting there, you going?

12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Quad looks and sounds really nice but i'm not sure about $5,000 for it. Seems too high

rob_990
12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
you could probably get around 3g for yours maybe a little under

ti2ibal1
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Realistically, he might be able to get $4k for his, if he finds the right buyer. Yours? I couldn't see you getting anymore than $2,500 for it. That's the reality of the current economy. My local dealer has a brand new '07 400ex on the floor, and they are asking $4,199. It's been that price for over a month. The '07 450er sitting right next to it has a sticker asking $4,699. No reason for them to stock new ones if they can't sell the ones they've got.

Times are tough, and most people don't have the disposable income that they did a year or so ago.

racerdan24
12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
i have to agree with everyone here...the 400 is easier to maintain but your buddies quad is nice also....

I have really 1 question....Why does he want to get rid of that machine?

I also have to say that with the economy...he may be able to get $4000 tops...and for yours...i would have to say $2500 tops.

My local dealer is in the same situation as everyone else. Lots of inventory and no buyers....My local dealer wants me to trade my 4 month old 2008 with everything i put into it already ( about $1500 ) to get the 08 700 ex he has sittin on the floor. Thats how bad it is.

Of course i wont do it because i love my machine, but things are tough right now...I would see if you have any luck selling yours first then possibly getting his for $4000....Just my opinion...

I think yours is nice the way it is....

mooseracerX
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by shallow518
it is a very well maintained quad, washed after every race. i just wish i knew what mines worth so i can put it up for sale. as far as the sandbox goes i aint gonna make it, me and the guy i was with are a little low on funds and i might have to work. if i could i would but no way of getting there, you going?
Oh yeah I know what you mean. I'm thinking we'll be going up there to check out the new layout. And get some ride time in so I don't get to out of it.

buck440
12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
i dont care what anybody says, i would pay that much for it

powermadd400ex
12-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i dont care what anybody says, i would pay that much for it

same here. i wish i waited till now to buy a new quad cause i could get a race ready 450r for the price of my new 400ex

Honda#4
12-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Sense its a real nice clean machine I think 5k is a reasonable price, i'd offer him a tad less sense he's keeping the wheels and tires. Overall if your funds are good i'd say go for it.

shallow518
12-11-2008, 01:29 PM
thanks for the help. i kinda hate to see mine go, i mean lots of hours on that machine and i think i got a little attached to it. its going to be hard to let it go but ill see if i can even get a buyer for it. if not i wont be heart broken. my 400 has never let me down but i do love the power and the suspension of the 450.

hes selling it to pay for his LTR to get fixed. he has 2 race quads, he picked this one up a few months ago from the guy fixing his LTR. he bought it right after it was rebuilt and everything was out on. the guy who owned it before had it setup for racing and then got hurrt at work and had to sell it before he ever got to ride it. so everything is fairly new.