PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin's linkage

brandonpeake
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I do not know if it is brand new but i believe it is, Has anyone tried it, I have heard great things.

Has anyone used it or know anything about it

Dave400ex
12-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I believe it is kind of like the JB superlink, but just uses the stock swingarm. Don't know of many people using them in GNCC. Daryl Rath did use it on his XC 450R he built that was in ATV Sport. If your looking for a linkage for the stock swingarm I think the Teixeira Tech is the best!

brandonpeake
12-10-2008, 11:11 PM
im running the this last years GTT link with an elka laz revalved but I was going through an offer from a sponsor and they suggested baldwin's new linkage with his swingarm, when i called it was almost 500 and he said only fox and pep had the measurements for it so if i wanted other brands of shocks he would have to give them info is hwy i thought it was new,

Dave400ex
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM
It very well could be good. One thing I like about the Teixeira style is you can have a skidplate to protect it. The Baldwin is like the GTT where it's the single piece with no good way to protect, none at all actually.

Chino886
12-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I think there is 2 seperate styles of Baldwin linkages, I have the 06 linkage where it is a complete unit, LT, takes a 16 5/8" shock (from memory).

MX450
12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
baldwin makes 2 links for the stock 450r, 04-05 is a single linke, 06+ is a dual link like the jb link. Ive heard its a good link as well, but for about $150 less you can get the LSR dc-6 link for like $250 which i have also heard good things about.

400exrider707
12-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Any linkage and proper shock will ride much nicer than the stock get up. I think more importantly than what linkage you run, is who you have valve the shock to match it. I've ridden some nice low budget setups and I've ridden some not so nice expensive setups. I would talk to some different shock builders, see who offers what, and make your decisions off of that. All you really need to know is what kind of riding you want to do, then let them figure the rest out, that's what you pay them for. I've used the GT Thunder linkage, mostly because of cost and I liked it. I use C&D primarily for my shock building, their customer service is bar none. There are other great shock builders out there too, so call around and see who can offer you what. Some of these linkage setups I've seen are just overly elaborate. I'd rather pay less for something that works just as good and doesn't look as nice I guess. I'm more about go than show personally. To each their own though.

fmfhonda250r
12-12-2008, 09:51 AM
I have a baldwin linkage on one of my bikes and it works great. It's realy similar to the lsr dc6 i think

Eastcoast08
12-12-2008, 08:31 PM
The Baldwin linkage is the same exact thing as the JB linkage just has a different name on it...i have both.