PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Jetting Help

JDMThoughts
12-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, I just got my friend back into riding again, and we pulled out his old school 1994 Blaster. He added a pipe and silencer to it along with a uni filter. The air lid is off. I couldn't find concrete jetting specs for it. We flushed the gear oil, added a new plug, changed fuel, we are doing a 40:1 of Amsoil Dominator and premium fuel. The recommended jetting specs from FMF are 260 main 32.5 pilot, stock needle, needle clip in the 3rd positition. Air screw 1.5 turns out. We used a Vito's jet kit. They say use the largest main and work your way down. I am trying to stay close to the manufacturer's recommended specs, so I installed a 290 main, 32.5 pilot, the Vito's needle with the clip in the 3rd position. My question is, is my baseline ok? I also can't seem to get the bike to idle properly, and it's a pain to kick start. I plan on checking the plugs tomorrow. If anyone can shed some light on the situation I would appreciate it. Also, my elevation is anywhere between 100-200 feet above sea level. Currently the temps are between 30 and 60 degrees.

JDMThoughts
12-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Wow 14 views and no one can help me. I do have the air screw correct, the pilot seems good and I moved the clip in the needle, now I just need to check the main jets..... anyone have any input on why the bike won't idle? I have tried adjusting the idle on it, but it either dies.... or it revs to the moon.

ZSNOW
12-11-2008, 04:06 AM
well i would start with FMF's recomendations then bump each jet up like maybe two size from that. try that with the stock clip on the 3rd position.

and for the idle, it has TPS on it, which is a HORRAABLEEE invention of yamaha's, it will crap out at the worse times then the bike won't idle, just go on Vito's and buy the Idle screw kit..i think its like 14 bucks.

and belive me...u think jetting that blasters a pain...try jetting a 4 stroke that has to be kick started!:D

JDMThoughts
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Well the problem is we bought the Vito's jet kit, but it didn't provide us with anything smaller than 290, so that's what I used. I am overall happy with the the low and mid throttle, I am gonna try jumping down to a 270 which I have readily available from my banshee. I have gotten the bike to kick start, and have most of the throttle stuff taken care of, I moved the clip up into the second slot from the top and that made the bike so much better. I had went down on the clip but the bike felt terrible. Do you mean TORS? Not TPS.... I had that on my Banshee, it was the first modification I did, was remove the TORS system.

907Rider
12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
and belive me...u think jetting that blasters a pain...try jetting a 4 stroke that has to be kick started!:D

Hahaha I know what thats like:scary:

Anyways just follow what fmf recomends you should be fine and please remove tors if you haven't yet

ZSNOW
12-11-2008, 01:18 PM
haha yeah tors...sorry about that i forgot what it was called and all i could think was Throttle positioning sensor lol

JDMThoughts
12-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Yea we got the TORS removal kit coming in so that should eliminate one more stupid thing that isn't needed at all. We are getting some more main jets so we can try dialing down the jet.