PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna help me?

Jekyl_22
11-12-2001, 09:36 PM
I am looking to race some MX or some Cross Country for the first time, but don't know where any tracks are in Oregon. If anybody knows of anywhere, your help would be much appreciated. Also, I am 14 and ride a 400ex. Can I race something over 90cc if I'm under 16, or does it depend on the track? What are the best "bang for your buck" mods. I am saving up my money for the Curtis Sparks X-6 Complete Exhaust, Ignition Advance Key, Rev Box, K&N Power Kit, AC Propegs, Pro Design Kill Switch, any other cheap suggestions? Do I havfe to have headlight protectors? Thanks... :macho

004exkid
11-13-2001, 06:20 AM
Curtis Sparks is a nice exhaust, but I would go with the x-4 if your arent planing on doing any serious motor work. The x-6 is designed for big bores which flow alot more than a stock engine. Im not sure Oregon racing but I am 15 and never had any problems racing in PA.

Tommy 17
11-13-2001, 08:31 AM
04 where do u race in pa?

004exkid
11-13-2001, 09:29 AM
I try to get to all of the district 6 hare scrambles.This year I ran the PA state Hare Scramble series and some other races(Flying Dutchman, Back Mountain, Jack frost) For the 2002 series they are adding a new track "foot of the mountain ." So it looks like we are getting alot more races and support. I am also hoping to race some of the cross country nationals.

here are some Pa racing links:

http://pws.prserv.net/usinet.Whstitch/D6/
http://members.aol.com/stickspop/page7/index1.htm

kabd69667
11-13-2001, 01:47 PM
Sparks did some new tests and they now show that the x 6 out performs the x4 in some situations. Either way you can't go wrong. The x 4 gives you better bottom end and the x 6 gives you better top end. I would go w/ the x 6 if i were you because you'll prob want to put some money into your motor down the road

11-14-2001, 04:54 AM
I don't think you would have a problem racing. there are a few tracks here in Indiana, if you want to practice on a MX track go to the badlands in attica indiana and they have a track, its pretty fun. There is also a MX Track in Butler Indiana which is only about 5 min from me and its a really nice track.....hope i helped ya but if you live in Oregon i doubt i did.

trx400ex
11-14-2001, 02:11 PM
haha i have been to the badlands 20 plus times and have yet to see anything that resembles a mx track

11-14-2001, 02:41 PM
Yeah I have to agree with that,,,,,,that last time that goat ranch seen a bulldozer or backhoe was the day it was built..:D I don't think I've ever even seen a bike on it the few times I've been up there..

trx400ex
11-14-2001, 04:40 PM
ye it has signs that say no quads, but i rode on it anyway, the table tops(or whatever there suposed to be ) are to narrow to be a table and dont have a face on them, you can jump them like singles , but you bottom out bad.....the track is also about 5 feet wide :D :D , badlands has hills mud and whoops, thats about it