PDA

View Full Version : big bore stroker question

SiC sEnSe
12-09-2008, 07:58 AM
okay so i have a question i plan on building up my girls 400ex (+4 hothods crank and a 89mm piston)and just was wondering if anyone has had any problems with over heating when going big bore or or both (bigbore/stroker) i only ask cause its a air cooled motor and well i never owned a air cooled motor before and people i have asked say different things some say yah you will loose alot of power after a long ride and some say your all good as long as your moving... so just want to hear from people running bigger motor's on there 400ex thanks

drew416ex
12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Its not a 460 but I do have a 440 stroker and I dont have any complaints. Never have had a problem with heat.

SiC sEnSe
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
sweet do you run an after market oil tank? i just dont want to do any mods if im going to run into heating problems

thanks for the reply

Wheelie
12-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I also run a 440 stroker and haven't had any overheating problems. Run good oil, change it more often than you would a stocker, and you'll be good to go. A SPAL fan helps keep the engine happy as well.

drew416ex
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
No i dont have anything other than stock components keeping it cool. I have a fan I just havnt put it on yet. Like wheelie said, keep some good oil in it and youre fine. A fan would be great for those hot days though.