PDA

View Full Version : 450R carb Question

bjg696
12-09-2008, 06:31 AM
I am in the proccess of jetting the 450r carb to my 440. It seems to be running fine but, when i do slow riding, it starts to run hot and the clutch stops engaging. I have in it now a 185 main, 48(stock) pilot, and needle 3rd position. What do you think i would need to go up to, to get it to stop running hot?

bbender85
12-10-2008, 11:13 AM
what octane fuel are you running?

leasureryan
12-10-2008, 11:38 AM
sounds to me like a cheap gas, 440 big bore, with a bad clutch combo.....no surprise there

It's not the carb

bjg696
12-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Its 110 octane fuel, it has a new clutch, the clutch is fine, but when i go slow through the trails, it gets to heating up, and the clutch starts to not engage. I think its still a lil lean but im not sure.

loveswheelies05
12-10-2008, 06:52 PM
it don't run hot on the trails, you dont go thru trails SLOW.... it ran hot in the christmas parade not on a trail. lol

leasureryan
12-10-2008, 10:36 PM
lol...parade!

Clutch is slipping for some other reason, but not your carb. It shouldn't slip unless, you are out of adjust, cable needs lubed, or is burnt, bad fibers/steels(you say thats not possible)....but it gas nothing to do with carb.

I suggest a heavier full synthetic oil to help some,Spal fan too maybe, but we all know a 440 just plain ole' runs hot!

sc400ex_rider
12-11-2008, 06:10 AM
make sure you have the correct 6-8MM of free play in the clutch cable it should not be tight. that allows for expansion when it gets hot. did you put the new sleeve in when you did the 440 piston or just bore the stock on? and yes 440 do run hotter so i would def put a fan on it, they really work well. search for fans on here there is some good info.

leasureryan you need to get a job you dont have to answer every thread. you dont need to talk down to people like your god. you just always come off looking like a shmuck. you just got called out for it but i see you will never change. maybe it time to buy a 450 or something. i see your from ohio so that explains alot. they seem to be like that on other forums also. there stuff is great your stuff is crap, they know everything you are stupid. you dont have to be rude, the sad thing is you dont even realize it
:rolleyes:

bjg696
12-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Well i have a spal fan, new clutches, all the adjustments are right. i have lubed everything, but i have geard if it runs to ho the clutches will start to slip. and runing that hot is running lean. leasureryan, ive heard that full synthetic oil will break down faster than a motorcycle oil. I run, hondas 20w-50. I just need to know what jets yall run on a 440 kit and 450r carb?

dariusld
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
did you put the new sleeve in when you did the 440 piston or just bore the stock on?

What does this mean?

leasureryan
12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Guess I forgot to put my smiley faces in when I typed. Another attack on me cuz I apparently have a bad attitude, and I am condesending. I didn't think so, but hey....

just trying to help this guy, get him pointed in the right direction

440 bore must be resleeved.....the stock sleeve is way to thin