PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R or ???

IcutMetl
12-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Really considering getting another 4 wheeler, and have always liked nearly everything Honda has ever offered. I had an '01 400ex (new) in the past with all the cheap basic mods(HMF, rims, holeshots, tag bars, sparks advance key, k&n kit, twist throttle, etc)- LOVED it, and have ridden banshees, quadzilla, 350x, z400, raptor, 250x, warrior, yzf450 bike, yfz450 atv, etc...and I also used to have an '03 CBR600rr and '05 Kaw. ZX-10R at different points in my life. I used to be a real active member here years ago, but forgot my profile info...ha ha.

Always enjoyed XC/woods riding, open fields, wheelies, etc more than the track stuff, but jumps are a good time too. I've seen some pretty good deals on leftover 450r kickers and er's...I'd rather have the kicker. But I also like the Kawasaki KFX450r...reverse, and relatively proven. YFZ and LTR don't appeal. Like the DS and KTM's, but really don't care to spend the $$$.

I know the Honda is 'outdated', and some say the suspension lacks to the competition, but is it really that bad? All the travel and other spec's are still about the same, plus the Honda is still lighter, right? Just seems like it's really well proven design, bulletproof motor that's easy to mod for hp, and tough steel frame. Hell, if I could find a clean, mainly stock '88 or an '89 250r...I think I'd rather have that over any of them, eh??

I think a lot of people (including me) get caught up in the whole numbers game of "mine isn't the best" anymore. Even when I bought my 400ex new in '02, it wasn't the fastest...but it served me real well.

quad2xtreme
12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
well, the frame isn't so tough...