PDA

View Full Version : need help

miller502
12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I won a ATK 450vr quad in a raffle on 12-05-08. When I picked the bike up it was running fine. I unloaded it out of my truck and drove 100 yards and the bike killed. It then would only start while giving it a little throttle and wouldn't last long until it killed again. I took the gas tank out and emptied it and put fresh premium unleaded gas in it. Then it would not start at all. I ran the battery down and charged it up again and it still would not start. I checked to see if gas was getting to the fuel pump and that was ok. I then pulled the spark plug out and cleaned it and the bike started right up and ran fine for about 3 mins and then killed. Now I try starting it and it won't start until i give it a little throttle and it will not stay running without giving it the throttle. The bike is brand new but sat in the warehouse for a year with minimal running. I put seafoam in the gas to clean the fuel system also. I took the spark plug off again and cleaned it and the bike fired right up and idled by itself for about 1 min then killed. The quad is a 2006. Any Suggestions ? There is no dealer around my area and no one knows anything about these quads.

jacobw
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
well it runs so it has fuel and since you are using a plug that is fouled once and you are trying to revive it you are just that reviving it then it fouls again my advice is when you foul a plug on a cannondale throw it away and get a new plug once fouled they are done so go to the parts store get a new plug or 2 and see where that takes you and report back

where are you located

m_mcgranahan
02-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Hi,

DId you ever get your atk running? It sounds like it might need to be remapped (Takes a laptop, and D&M kit)

Hope you get it running soon. They are a lot of fun once you get them going!

God bless...

Mark

2muchquad
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
try a cr8e plug instead of the cr9 or 10ek you may have in there.You may need to adjust the idle a bit,over time the set screw will actually let the plate close in the tbi...;)

thedeatons
06-02-2009, 12:04 AM
They never need a remap, not like they lose the 1s and 0s... They do need throttle calibrations from time to time.

Many times they have fuel delivery problems because the o-rings swell up in the chrome quick disconnects and stop fuel flow. Either gut those QD pieces, or get an update kit from Canniboomer.

cannondaler.com
cannondaleriders.com