PDA

View Full Version : 90 cc production rules ATVA NATIONAL MX

Ryko racing
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
RUMOR HAS IT THAT 90 CC CVT WILL BE A CLASS.AGE 8-15

90 CC PRODUCTION AUTO JR 8-11 ( FULL AUTO CLUTCH, MUST IDLE IN GEAR)

90 CC PRODUCTION AUTO SR 12-15 SAME AS ABOVE

90 CC PRODUCTION QUADS ANY CLUTCH WELCOME ( HAND, FOOT,CVT) AGES 8-15

IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE GIVEN US AN EXTRA CLASS TO RUN,

LETS HEAR SOME INPUT AS TO WHO IS RUNNING WHAT CLASSES IN 2009?

Logan #34's Dad
12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Ref: 90CVT, My opinion is that 8yo to 15yo old is entirely to big of an age gap. These 8 yo will get run over by a 15/16 yo rider. I know, At Pleasure Valley National Logan was in the second gate drop and smacked right into the rear of an unexperianced rider from the first gate drop that got scared when the leader passed him on one side as Logan was passing on the other. That riders got scared on swerved away from the leader and into the path of an already airborn Logan. Result: end over end flip and a broken bike and a shot weekend.

GILCO
12-08-2008, 09:27 PM
This is great, after last year Scott has worked hard designing a new Auto-Clutch for the Trx-90. It is bad ***!!! You will be able to run this clutch in the 90 production auto idle in gear class or the any clutch welcome class. This is the fastest SCR Motor yet. With this new rule we are going to run the any clutch welcome class one more year. Can't wait

Wade

Ryko racing
12-09-2008, 06:44 AM
That is awesome, we love to watch Colby race he is a great rider.
I always tell Ryan that to improve you must race with the fastest riders..

I think that will be a great class.

Steven623
12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Wade,
How come Scott worked so hard on those auto clutches , when I thought those clutches you used last year were legal?

GILCO
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Steven623
Hi Wade,
How come Scott worked so hard on those auto clutches , when I thought those clutches you used last year were legal?

I'm sorry I don't understand did someone say that our clutches were illegal. Why does Hinson work so hard to design the best clutches for all of his pro riders? Maybe Scott's hard work is the reason we're winning races. Not being a smartass just didn't understand your question.

Wade

Steven623
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi Wade,
I never said you were illegal, I just wanted to know why Scott would work so hard to put something in, that he worked so hard to take out? What did Smitty say about the clutch??

Ryko racing
12-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Cmon people, this was not meant to start an argument, i think this could be great as it gives a class for some riders that maybe are not ready for 90 mod or supermini,or are just getting into the Nationals.( as some parents were concerned that kids were getting landed on or injured in the mod class, this may give them a stepping stone class)
I know that we can use the seat time but dont want to build a 3rd quad..

As far as last year if we look at the lap times it seems to me that the clutches really were not an issue. I think that with the economy many peoples main focus will be on just getting to the races.

So lets just have fun this year and enjoy hanging out with our kids and friends at the track.As always the racing will be great and the best riders will rise to the top.

GILCO
12-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
Cmon people, this was not meant to start an argument, i think this could be great as it gives a class for some riders that maybe are not ready for 90 mod or supermini,or are just getting into the Nationals.( as some parents were concerned that kids were getting landed on or injured in the mod class, this may give them a stepping stone class)
I know that we can use the seat time but dont want to build a 3rd quad..

As far as last year if we look at the lap times it seems to me that the clutches really were not an issue. I think that with the economy many peoples main focus will be on just getting to the races.

So lets just have fun this year and enjoy hanging out with our kids and friends at the track.As always the racing will be great and the best riders will rise to the top.

Well said see you guys at the track!!!

ROBBSRACING
12-10-2008, 08:17 PM
AGREED !

maddogmike119
12-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Scott:

I think its great to add another class to the roster but look at the overall picture if you are a cobra owner. The only way you can run the new class on a cobra is if you have the stock motor. Most of the people who own cobras and have some sense put either a suzuki or a honda motor in it! So what does this really acomplish? Or is it just for someone to run a "production" quad such as a cobra with the cobra motor then get pissed off and put a suzuki motor in the frame half way through the season. Seems senseless to me to add another production class but thats just my opinion. Great for the honda guys!

Logan #34's Dad
12-13-2008, 12:05 PM
It's called a stepping stone class and a class that will not require a fortune to be in. Maybe.