PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship, Why do some companies bother????

fourwhls
12-15-2002, 07:22 PM
I sent my resume to a lot of companies this year looking for some help with the 2003 race season. A few of the companies (look below) have offered me some reasonable packages, with reasonable stipulations.
Now, there are other companies that have offered me packages such as 10% off retail price. You all know that there are very few distribution companies that sell their products at the retail prices suggested by the manufacturer. So, I can most likely buy the product through my local dealer cheaper than I can through the manufacturer at the great sponsored rider price.

Not only do they only offer you the 10%, in order to receive this great discounted price you must comply with their two page list of stipulations.(ie. List them on any and every entry form, give them rights to use your race results and/or photos for promotional purposes, Apply thier stickers to both sides of your bike(s), trailer, tow vehicle, helmet, chest protector, wife's *****, etc)
Not to add that they wont give you the stickers, you must buy them. (at 10% off retail)

To top it all off, In order to enstate the contract, you must return a signed copy of the offer letter along with payment for your first order with them. (Most do send you a nice color catalog with the offer letter)

Now why do they bother? Thanks, but no thanks.

Now, I only sent my resume to companies that I use and like thier products and wouldn't think twice before recomending them to somebody else. Why do they ream us with thier support??????
It almost makes me want to buy from thier competitor.

I am not disclosing any names, but I hope companies read this and see this scenario from the racers perspective.

At least offer us your product at the same price you sell to dealers. Or better yet, a percentage off of dealer price.

These companies are not supporting the racers, they are soliciting more sales.....

Sorry for the long post, just had to get it off my chest....fourwhls

ridesa02400EX
12-15-2002, 09:20 PM
try for local sponsors i am workin on a sponsor right now that will sell me stuff at cost plus 10% and they also will give me free tires. They gave my friend a free full set of gear but he also rides bikes.

DEAL
12-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Local dealers are the way to go, They will give you the best deals.
Alot of dealers will give you half price (Sometimes more depending on how much they are into racing).
You can also swindle a few free things too ;)
I'm probably going to send out my resume in the next few weeks to some local dealers.

Davids440ex
12-16-2002, 05:01 PM
ridesa02400EX

I see you live in California, some what in the central area. do you race at all?

Mxbubs
12-16-2002, 06:40 PM
Why Bother? I agree 100% I have spent over 20K in the last two years on quads. Know how much was help? ZERO. Notice how many stickers on my quad? TWO. You guys need to quit giving these companies that offer no help to you, advertisement by flying their stickers.

Pay retail? NEVER. Thats why I dont shop at K&K, East Coast ATv, Baldwin, Gold West, Nacs, or Duncan.

Rocky Mountain Atv, Sunset ATV (will meet all prices, or beat), or Quadshop. I REFUSE TO PAY RETAIL, YOU GUYS SHOULD TOO.

Last but not least, Ebay.

ridesa02400EX
12-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Davids440ex
ridesa02400EX

I see you live in California, some what in the central area. do you race at all? not yet but im going to be racing at marysville this summer ive got conections with the sponsor i gues they are really into quads

Davids440ex
12-16-2002, 07:55 PM
go to my web site for all of central california quad racing info i'm going to be racing at glen helen this year.

Ryan
12-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Well unless you can find some real good sponsers that are worth having then I wouldn't even bother. All they do is sometimes give you percentages off and some free stuff which you already know. If your like Tim Farr or Doug Gust ect, there sponsers practicly pay for their quads but thats because they're that good. And yeah I agree with having local sponsers.

To bad there is none around here :o

QuadTrix6
12-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Why Bother? I agree 100% I have spent over 20K in the last two years on quads. Know how much was help? ZERO. Notice how many stickers on my quad? TWO. You guys need to quit giving these companies that offer no help to you, advertisement by flying their stickers.

Pay retail? NEVER. Thats why I dont shop at K&K, East Coast ATv, Baldwin, Gold West, Nacs, or Duncan.

Rocky Mountain Atv, Sunset ATV (will meet all prices, or beat), or Quadshop. I REFUSE TO PAY RETAIL, YOU GUYS SHOULD TOO.

Last but not least, Ebay.

i second that

NTPRacing#19
12-18-2002, 05:16 PM
i just signed with AC Racing and i havent yet to recieve my rider package and details. i was told dealer cost on a selective amount of products.

400MXer
12-18-2002, 06:40 PM
yeah. AC sent me the same thing......how much is Dealer cost?

NTPRacing#19
12-19-2002, 08:12 AM
i dunnoyet havent received a rider package so idunno. hopefully something good

OCCRA288
12-19-2002, 08:31 AM
when did you guys recieve your AC racing letters?

fourwhls
12-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Got mine last week....

OCCRA288
12-19-2002, 04:28 PM
Maybe AC didn't like my resume'. Oh well I got almost everything but my motor cover with sponsors now. Maier, Houser, Local Honda shop, just waiting on Profab to mail me a contract. (Profab= Wishful thinking)

660bigdaddy
12-26-2002, 07:35 AM
got my letter 2 weeks ago, said it would be 4-6 before packet arrives.

QuadTrix6
12-26-2002, 03:39 PM
i went to my local honda shop and just asked if they sponsored riders, didn't even make it like i wanted anything from them and the guy blew up on me and was like..."ya know ive been in this industry for a while and it doesn'y pay for us to sponsor racers..blah blah blah..." i just walked out after he was done ranting...i hate that shop there terrible, rude and they have no clue what there talking about when i come to quads :rolleyes: