PDA

View Full Version : computer guys, i NEED your help!?!?!?!?!?!

QuadRacer116
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
i am at my parents house today and i am trying to access my yahoo email. keep in mind i checked my email several times at home this morning and it worked fine.

they have the old school dial up connection, which is killing me. and they have a good running computer, nothing fancy but it doesnt really have any problems either.

so i go to yahoo and it loads fine, but when i click on the mail thing i get a cant load page error. it gave me a list of possible problems and i went through and tryed every one of them.
im not entirely stupid when it comes to computers. but im no tech either.

i checked all possible security settings along with proxy settings and security levels.

i also tryed to upgrade them to the new explorer and i also tryed to install fire fox. both of which completely stoped working after i installed them. they would load any pages at all and kept saying i didnt have a connection. i checked the connection both times and it was fine.

so im out of options. thats as far as my computer skills go.
anyone here have any ideas at all?

thanks alot guys
josh

dbc112
12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
outlook express to download your yahoo email.. might work, but may bogg down with slow connection.

try yahoo mail classic, smaller and loads faster.

scuzz
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dbc112
outlook express to download your yahoo email.. might work, but may bogg down with slow connection.

try yahoo mail classic, smaller and loads faster.

Thunderbird also works very well. I would try Yahoo Classic 1st though.

<DRS>GPF
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Thunderbird also works very well. I would try Yahoo Classic 1st though.

agreed.

can they get to their homepage?

QuadRacer116
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
yeah home page works fine. i tryed on their other computer and had a similar problem. but mail loaded it just wouldnt open the messages. i changed to classic and it worked fine.

however on the main computer i cant even get to mail to change to classic