PDA

View Full Version : Racerdan24-? on your handlebars?

rinaldi
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I love the looks of your Renthal bars and am debating on getting a pair for mine. Do they sit higher than stock? Also do they take the stock grips or is the diameter different where the grips mount? Finally I read your lines seem to be tight fitted due to the new bars. Anyway to free up some space to prevent having to replace any lines?

racerdan24
12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
With the new bar clamp installed the rise is about 2 inches which really is a benefit as you are not hunched over the bars like the stock ones....
Stock grips can be used if you can get the stock ones off....I just opted for a new set since grips are sooooo cheap....the twinwall bars are 1 1/8 and then taper down to stock 7/8 where the grips are....
I am still using the stock lines with NO problems at all...I had to turn the front brake lever down a tad to make sure it wasnt stressing the line out to much but i will eventually get new lines to add the extra length eventually....
I have to tell you that this was a very cheap and great expense to the quad even though it is only 3 months old...Definitely helped me on arm fatique...Hope this helps you make up your mind a bit easier...

12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I recently just installed the same setup. All the levers and everything fits and works fine. I have to tell you I went on my first ride today and man these bars are awesome. 100x better than stock and plus they look good. My back and neck also isnt sore after riding either. The rise will help you before it hurts you.

racerdan24
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree suicide....100% true on everything we have both said....

12-07-2008, 04:19 PM
They send new bolts for the trailtech clamp. Mine kept coming loose. I threw some washers on the bolts and they stayed tight.

rinaldi
12-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys. I believe they are on sale now so I may pick them up just to have ready for the spring.

racerdan24
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I wish i could have went riding today...tad bit too cold...-9 with the wind chill!!!!!!!