PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Guide for 152 Keihin Hex Main Jet

Bridgewater
12-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Well i got my exhuast in from hmf and they sent me the 152 Keihin Hex Main Jet. Does anybody have any good jetting guides? please and thank you :D

cjtrx400ex
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
See this thread pic 2 shows the main jet.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=221742

If you can reach the bolt in picture 1 i think you don't have to remove the carb, at least thats what i was told when i rejetted mine but it was so tight thats i said the hell with it and took the whole carb off.

Afterwards you need to run it full throttle through all gears and then kill it with the kill switch or key, let it roll to a stop don't let the engine brake it (i heard this throws the plug reading off). Pull plug out and check it, whitish to lean, blackish to rich.

Bridgewater
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
alright man thanks, i think im going to move up to a #42 pilot and a 155 main jet.
how should i set my needle for this? do u know?

cjtrx400ex
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
You usually don't have to mess with the needle, that and its pretty irritating moving the clips on em. But if you do there are some clips and you move it up or down, im sure you can find another forum that tells you how. I never moved my needle just change the two jets.

cjtrx400ex
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
This is some basic info on all the jets. Hope it helps.

http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/jetting.html

cjtrx400ex
12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Noticed in your sig you got the sparks advanced timing key, can you tell any difference after installing it.

Bridgewater
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
honestly dont really know yet bro. installed it but then i had problems with my head ( in my other post ) so my bikes down right now only got to ride for about 5 mins with it. i could tell that my bike is much more "snappy". cant wait to try it out fully :devil:

cjtrx400ex
12-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Bridgewater
honestly dont really know yet bro. installed it but then i had problems with my head ( in my other post ) so my bikes down right now only got to ride for about 5 mins with it. i could tell that my bike is much more "snappy". cant wait to try it out fully :devil:

Was it hard to install, how long did it take? Do i have to buy certain tools, i saw one on ebay about a month ago for bout 30 bucks is that a good price.

Bridgewater
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
hard to install - no not at all, theres a guide right on this forum its a how to guide. i printed it out and took it to the garage with me, very simple. just read it a few times b4 so u understand what you are doing.
time - maybe an hr? if i had to do it again i could do it in 45 mins.
price - thats about what i paid for mine, for that price on ebay just buy it directly for sparks racing website.
tools - no "special" tools needed, an impact might come in handy and make a few things simpilier, but all you really need is a rachet and sockets.
****dont forget you need to buy a new gasket for the left side of the crankcase. read the how to guide and it will explain it.

~http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349499 link to guide