PDA

View Full Version : looking for 04'-05' 450r motor

Honda5
12-07-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm looking for a 04-05 450r motor for a practice bike. not looking for anything real built up, or all ported out. I would rather have something stock. If you have something that is blown up I'll buy that to if the price is right.

TOY DOCTOR
12-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Have a 04 with athena 480 kit, light port and runs great, $1200 plus $100 shipping..

Dupontster
12-08-2008, 05:32 AM
I have a 4.5 HP Briggs & Stratton that I took off my Grampa's 22' lawn mower....It really runs purty good...It doesn't take too much oil to fill it up...It has a nice gas tank that comes with it...He doesn't use it anymore because he died last month...He left it to me, so I figured I'd sell the motor....I haven't taken it off the mower yet in case you want to hear it run....I can bring it to your house if you want to buy it...I think it just might fit in a 450R....You may have to modify the pipe a little....I'll take $453.95 for it if I deliver it....You want it? Please let me know soon because there is some guy named Dustin Wimmer that said he might want it for the 09 season....I'll let you have first refusal....
Your Friend,
Pop Dup

PS: It is not electric start....You have to pull a little rope out of the top of the motor and it starts right up...

fastredrider44
12-08-2008, 08:14 AM
I've got one kinda built up. 04, ready to go. Let me know and I'll give you more details.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/fastredrider44/100_0048.jpg

Norris3710
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a 2005 450r motor, sale the motor is stock it came off a clean bike i doubt it has ever been raced, and it runs great i am the third owner of the bike. i am asking 1200 with the carb and stock exhaust with the baffel out.

Honda5
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Pop Dup,

I will buy the motor for Honda5 because I believe that this is the size motor that he needs so that he doesn't wreck on the speed bumps like he did at VA. Please contact Honda5's wife for payment and delivery. Mrs. Honda5

Originally posted by Dupontster
I have a 4.5 HP Briggs & Stratton that I took off my Grampa's 22' lawn mower....It really runs purty good...It doesn't take too much oil to fill it up...It has a nice gas tank that comes with it...He doesn't use it anymore because he died last month...He left it to me, so I figured I'd sell the motor....I haven't taken it off the mower yet in case you want to hear it run....I can bring it to your house if you want to buy it...I think it just might fit in a 450R....You may have to modify the pipe a little....I'll take $453.95 for it if I deliver it....You want it? Please let me know soon because there is some guy named Dustin Wimmer that said he might want it for the 09 season....I'll let you have first refusal....
Your Friend,
Pop Dup

PS: It is not electric start....You have to pull a little rope out of the top of the motor and it starts right up...

Norris3710 - I will think about it, want to check a couple more

fastredrider44 - please give me more details

TOYDOCTOR - have you ever replaced the crank shaft and would you sell without the 480?

Dupontster
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
Pop Dup,
I will buy the motor for Honda5 because I believe that this is the size motor that he needs so that he doesn't wreck on the speed bumps like he did at VA. Please contact Honda5's wife for payment and delivery. Mrs. Honda5

Christmas present for him? Remember I told ya it has a rope to start it....Can he pull the rope?

Black R/T
12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
ive got an 04 with Hot rod crank and rod, HC2 cam, port job, JE stock bore 13:1 piston, barnett clutches, runs great guaranteed. i built the motor about a year ago but i work offshore so i barely get to ride (trails and sugar cane fields mostly). i pulled it off of my quad when i parted it out so i could put it on the rolling chassis i bought. i decided to go stroker tho and the rolling chassis came with a locked up motor minus the head so i just bought a stock head that im sending to DRG in a couple of weeks. if you bought my good motor it would pay for my rebuild...almost.:D $1200 to your door in an ice chest.

fastredrider44
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Motor has a Stage 2 hotcam, 13:1 JE piston, TMM installed Kibblewhite stainless steel valves, with heavy duty valve springs, Wiseco Clutch basket. Kickstarter and oil cooler is included.
I also guarantee the motor to be good.

f4istunna
12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
i can vouche for fastredrider

I bought a 400 off him last year was as described. Drove partway to meet me . still running strong.

If i had the $$ id buy it for my 04