PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Stator for 2007 TRX250EX??

joker11
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know what the wattage is on the stock stator and does anyone know where to find a better one? The stock light is marginal. I want to get a set of HID lights and I want to get the most light possible.

Any help is appreciated!!!

bigconig
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
It is in the manual but mine is at work at the moment. Can't remember the exact value but is actually quite good (maybe 120 watts @ 4000 rpm) I run a pair of 35W halogen trailtechs along with the stock headlight and have used both for as much as 4-5 hours of night time riding on my 2 year old battery and never has a problem.

The stock headlight is 35 watts I think I added another 70 and am still good. HIDs have a lower draw so you should be fine as long as you don't go crazy (I would stick to the 30s or less in an HID)

Also for what it's worth. The trail tech halogens are excellent lights. I wanted the HIDs but the initial cost and replacement lamp cost convinced me to try the halogens. Way brighter than the stock light and the mounts are top notch.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~bigconig/DSC_9339.JPG

joker11
12-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the reply. Sounds cool.
I can't figure out why they don't put kick***** stators in to begin with so we can really light up the night. As cheap as a stator is compared to how much the bike costs......

joker11
12-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Why do your lights look so yellow compared to the stock light that looks so white?

bigconig
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by joker11
Why do your lights look so yellow compared to the stock light that looks so white?

I have the amber covers on them.