PDA

View Full Version : N.E Ohio/N.W Pennsylvania Riders?

Brauap
12-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I was wondering who all lives in this area and where are some good spots to ride? I live around the Youngstown area. Some places that I am aware of is Hillsville (illeagal) Wellsville (illeagal) Western Reserve MC (Racing) Mines and Medows (trails in P.A., never been there) Marienville (trails, Alleghany National Forest area (P.A.)

So, does anyone have any other places thats good to ride?

bustedknuckle
12-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi . We Live north of pittsburgh . we belong to three rivers competion riders .they have several rides a year . also monthly meetings at different shops.its a good club. family membership is 36.00 Also PA ATVING .hope this helps..

dan harris
12-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Breezewood Proving Grounds is in South Central Pa, People travel here from all over the US to ride. I'm sure we are worth the trip for you. Check out our website at www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com I'm a quad rider and I look forward to riding with you.

KXRida
12-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Central, Pa rider here.

250x_kyle
12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
im in northwestern pa. im about an hour from the marienville trails. never rode there though. my buddy had a pass for the trails last year and he said some days it was a blast.

KingpinsEx
12-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Do some research on Majestic trails in Bradford PA. I don't live too far from there and try to make it up a couple times a year. Real nice trials...

bustedknuckle
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
from where you live breezwood is pretty far drive.isnt breezwood past johnstown.

KXRida
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by bustedknuckle
from where you live breezwood is pretty far drive.isnt breezwood past johnstown.

breezewood is down past bedford. You want to go to southern Pa not western.

Exrider434
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Do some research on Majestic trails in Bradford PA. I don't live too far from there and try to make it up a couple times a year. Real nice trials...

x2, i love it there. the mx track aint too bad either its fun to screw around on.

Majestic Trails (http://www.majestictrails.com)

Exrider434
12-08-2008, 07:01 AM
heres a pic of the table there

dbc112
12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
About 3 hours from my area... How are the trails? The site says more about the mx tracks etc..

killerofcrows48
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Check out www.ohiomafiariders.com

Brauap
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by killerofcrows48
Check out www.ohiomafiariders.com

I joined yesterday! I love that site!

Exrider434
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by dbc112
About 3 hours from my area... How are the trails? The site says more about the mx tracks etc..

Are you talking to me? If you are, the trials are awesome. Their pretty high speed in most spots and their one way only except for easy back trails. I love it there, we go every year on memorial day weekend.

KingpinsEx
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Breezewood is mx and majestic is trails, depends on what your looking for...

exrider272
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
x2, i love it there. the mx track aint too bad either its fun to screw around on.

Majestic Trails (http://www.majestictrails.com)

aghh the mx track there... bad memorys.. over shot the one double there and broke my arm and frame... and then 3 hr ride back home to johnstown. haha

but majestic trails is an awsome place.. would love to go back some time soon...

dan harris
12-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Breezewood is 1 hour south of Johnstown, and also 1 hour south of Altoona. We are two hours from Baltimore.

Breezewood is considered a motocross park. We do have a small trail around the park but most people come here for the motocross tracks. Someday I hope to open up more trails here.

How about Rock Run Recreation in Patton PA. I hear they have awesome trails? !

exrider272
12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
Breezewood is 1 hour south of Johnstown, and also 1 hour south of Altoona. We are two hours from Baltimore.

Breezewood is considered a motocross park. We do have a small trail around the park but most people come here for the motocross tracks. Someday I hope to open up more trails here.

How about Rock Run Recreation in Patton PA. I hear they have awesome trails? !

rock run.. haha. is like 30min from johnstown. ive heard good and bad things about that place.. some people love it and some people hate it because they have to pay to ride there... and the trails are new and easy... but thats just coming from what other people have told me.

i can leave my sisters drive way and ride trails right to the gate of rockrun. so i might have to take a ride out there someday.

yamahaman623
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
i have been to rock run park near the ohio pa line. the trail were nice. i also live near tri country atv but i was never there.

exrider272
12-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by yamahaman623
i have been to rock run park near the ohio pa line. the trail were nice. i also live near tri country atv but i was never there.

tri county is a privite club that you gota buy a member ship for.. but once u get a member ship... if u feel like going riding at
3:00 AM you can go and ride every trail there is.. very nice place.

mitchamus
12-11-2008, 12:17 PM
OMR :devil:

What about Pulaski???

jesseweaver
12-11-2008, 11:59 PM
+1 on Breezewood. My favorite place to ride. already looking forward to march 1st. any big changes planned dan?

quad2xtreme
12-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
+1 on Breezewood. My favorite place to ride. already looking forward to march 1st. any big changes planned dan?

What are you planning to ride? Thought you sold out for a street bike.

quad2xtreme
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Mountain Ridge Trail Resorts is another trail riding area in PA. Haven't been to this one yet.

Rock Run is worth a day of riding for sure. So is Majestic. Neither are as challenging or offer the mountainous terrain like Hatfield McCoy trails, Burning Rock (Beckley, WV), or Black Mountain in Harlan, Kentucky though.

jesseweaver
12-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
What are you planning to ride? Thought you sold out for a street bike.

didn't sell out yet. im gonna ride all spring then maybe try to sell it.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
12-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Wellsville, Mines and Meadows, Pulaski, Majestic Trails, and Moutain Ridge is where I have went before, Wellsville is rough on the quad and might be illegal anymore. Mines and Meadows is too small and is like 25 bucks to ride a day, not worth it. Pulaski is a big straight away basically, not to fun at all and don't think you can ride there anymore. I got stop by the cops one time as well so I wouldn't recomend it. Majestic is my favorite place to ride and we go and camp for the weekend a few times a year. They rarely fix the motocross up but the trails are really nice one way trails. Not to beat up and they are always making new ones. The membership is really cheap too! Finally there is Mountain Ridge where they sanctioned the GNCC this year. That place is rocks and really beated down dirt that feels like rocks. It is a really good place to build endurance thats for sure.

Braup, why don't you look into racing CRA next year? There are tons and tons of tracks around you and they hold a race almost every sunday.

Brauap
12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
All I know of is Big Game and Western Reserve MC, (for XC) but thats it.. any others (for xc)?

250x_kyle
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
LLR is xc but they only hold races.
switch back mx has some mx but they also have an xc race
county line mx

county line mx in titusville pa its pritty sick

LeGaCyGiAnT124
12-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Just go onto the CRA website. www.racecra.org

They have tracks such as Big Valley, Skyview, LLR, Mansfield, Lightning, Big Game, State Line, Pine Lake, and Cable Creek. I am sure there are some I am missing but it's a lot of fun!

KingpinsEx
12-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle

Ya I have heard good things about county line, big jumps! I have strictly raced Mapleshade MX in Sugar Grove PA, but I def. want to hit up County Line this coming season for practice.

ProspectorJim
12-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
LLR is xc but they only hold races.
switch back mx has some mx but they also have an xc race
county line mx

When does switch back have xc races? I've only been there when they were doing mx. I might go there to practice this season.

has anyone raced or practiced at the Westmoreland fairgrounds?