PDA

View Full Version : Shocks?

geo0101
12-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I think I'm ready for new shocks. My 300ex has stock shocks on it and it really kills my back. I'm 57 so I'd like a softer ride, any suggestions? Maybe something that won't clean out my wallet.

Thx
geo

redrocker
12-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Buy a new bike?

geo0101
12-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Wow, what a great idea, thanks for your help. Next time you need an idea from someone I'll be sure to give you the same witty answer. :eek2:

bwamos
12-08-2008, 07:44 AM
You have a couple options.

If you want to upgrade your front end at the same time, you could go with a set of 400ex (camber and caster adjustable, important) a-arms and revalved stock 450r shocks, and a shock relocator. Then purchase an aftermarket rear shock.

Elka's are probably the best bang for the buck solution

If you are satisfied with the narrower front end then you could just go with a full set of elka shocks. Even the rec series will be 1000x better than the cruddy stock suspension.

Ant aftermarket brand shock is going to be fine. Id only steer away from Works (personal experience) not because of the quality of the shock but because they are never correctly valved and you'll almost certianly have to get them revalved right away, so you're better off paying a little more for a different shock.

I would reccomend the 1st option as it gives you the most for the money and is a lot more flexible for future enhancements.